Can I get an "Amen" on not using all lower case in posts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

Moderator Emeritus
<soapbox/rant on>

And maybe sprinkle a few punctuation marks along the way so we don't "drink (read) out of a firehose"?

It just takes a second to push a Shift key and commas and periods are cheap at twice the price.  :)

<soapbox/rant off>

There is so much information to exchange on this great Forum, it's just a shame when it looks garbled and I would not want anyone's opinion or advice or experience to get missed.  8)

I'm so glad to  see some  folks still want to adhere to English language formalities.  Count me in as an "Amen" to using correct spelling, grammer, case and conventions in the written word. 

You can take the teacher out of the field (retired)  but you can't take the teacher out of me.

Betty

I hate all caps. Using all caps is shouting. Shouting is rude. Why do people think they need to put the title of their thread in all caps. Do they think their thread is so much more important than everyone else's that they must separate them from the rest by shouting and being rude. I simply refuse to click on any thread that has a title in all caps.

Amen
It is amazing to me that those that are too lazy to use the shift key or commas and periods even use the space bar.
itisamazingtomethatthosethataretoolazytousetheshiftkeyorcommaandperiodsevenusethespacebar

See!  I could have saved 25 key strokes!

Unless your name is e e cummings, then it's ok.

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

Let me just say " The devil made me post it".

Cheers, Y'all
72 degrees, blue sky and the sun slowly climbing over the Florida Lake.

AMEN here. Punctuality goes right along with civility. Proofreading really goes a long way too, In my book at least.

can not say as i have seen an all lower case post... before.

I HAVE SEEN ALL UPPER CASE THOUGH.

Of course I go back to the days of the Teletype model 28 or Klinschmidt TT units that only did UPPER case.

Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid

Aye, I used to use similar examples with employees years ago. Similarly, there's a lot of redundancy in speech.

I use proper punctation because that is the way I was taught many years ago and like to see it that way. :)

Disagree
I have thought for some time that this is the friendliest place on the net.   
I really don?t think we should start grading each others grammar.  Some of us are not very good at spelling and punctuation but we may have some really good information to share.  If  my  input is going to be graded or my mistakes pointed out by those of higher learning, may be (or maybe)I will not be as ready to share my thoughts.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

that is the way I was taught many years ago

Me too but, seeing how poorly I type and the fact that I can't spot my own typos, I have a lot of empathy for other folks' writings.

BTW did I mention I was taught Britlish and had to re-learn Amlish. Spoke Wenglish at home and for the first 17 years of working life.

I'm not for grading anybody's spelling and grammar, but I think there is a world of difference between typing errors and grammatical slips vs a total lack of punctuation and the shift key.

Gary RV Roamer said:
I'm not for grading anybody's spelling and grammar, but I think there is a world of difference between typing errors and grammatical slips vs a total lack of punctuation and the shift key.
I agree with Gary. There are plenty of people using this forum that English is a second or third language and they are not always going to get their punctuation and spelling correct, even with a spell checker. But when I see someone using all caps, no caps or no punctuation I just don't bother to read it. The entire purpose of punctuation is to make it so that the reader clearly understands the meaning of the writer.     

its knot you're problme sew donut tri two slove itt dood

Back
Top Bottom