PASSPORT AMERICA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have always saved our membership costs in just a couple of stops each year. Our biggest savings were two camgrounds in Illinois near family and friends where we spend a few weeks most summers. Both of these cg s have dropped PA in the past 18 months as demand has picked up and their costs have increased.

The owner of one of those campgrounds has seen a healthy increase in business and feels he had too many regular customers using PA. We are there right now and his cg is fairly full.

We use Passport America whenever we can.  The very nicest Passport park is Terribles Lakeside Resort in Parumph, NV.  So now we know where you two are!  When do you plan to return to HT?  We are currently at Star Valley for another week or so.  Safe travels!

Dean :

Early to Mid October depending on the temps in the Valley.

It depends on when and how you travel.  If you're a weekender, many parks only offer Passport America discounts during the week.  In popular areas, the discount may only apply during the off season.

To their credit, Passport America lists all of their participating parks on their web site, and each park's listing includes the regular and PA prices, along with any restrictions or limits on the PA discount.  Go to http://www.passportamerica.com, click on Camping and browse their interactive map to see if it will work for you.

On the plus side, you only need to get the discount one or two times a year to pay for the membership.  Anything above that is gravy.

We are new to RVing and rented an RV in Tampa FL to spend a week in the Palm Harbor area. When we looked at campgrounds we found Bel Aire RV Park and the ad said Passport America 50% off, so we joined PA and our weekly rate went from $250 to $125 plus the cost of the membership. We saved $85. Then we joined KOA and saved 10% on the Cruise America rental, about $100. Both Bel Aire and Cruise American personnel were great. We really enjoyed our stay at Bel Aire, the hosts were very helpful. Almost a $200 savings for that one trip.

We have save our Passport cost over 3 times this summer. One 4 night stop in Maine saved $92.00!

Jeff, you've dropped off Datastorm.

ken

currently in Hermiston, OR at Pioneer RV Park, a very nice PA park.

Is Passport America worth joining? Absolutely!!! For us... For you, as said, it depends on your RV'ing style. Weekenders will have a problem finding the rare parks without a week end restriction, as will travelers to many popular tourist destinations, particularly during the summer months. During the week and away from the tourist traps, there are plenty of parks to choose from, and saving the membership fee can easily be done in as little as two nights, with everything after that savings that stay right in your pocket.

Lou your statement, "It depends on when and how you travel.  If you're a weekender, many parks only offer Passport America discounts during the week.  In popular areas, the discount may only apply during the off season.", and good reply's from the others caused me to call and try a subscription to Passport America as I'm going on a trip thru New England and down thru the VA & NC mountains to enjoy the foliage next month.. I hope age limitations on RV's isn't a factor w/their CG's.

George

Just renewed our membership for another year. They had a special for renewal by a certain date which included 4 months free. So now we have until 4-10-2015 for $44.00. Its a deal!

We travel about 4 months of the year, and have recouped our membership cost in half of that time.

Stan

I hope age limitations on RV's isn't a factor w/their CG's.

We have never had an age problem with any of the PA member campgrounds.  It's only at a few very high end resorts that we've run into that.  And all but one were satisfied with a few pictures of the outside of our coach.  And PA does have some very nice member parks.

I'm not sure about that age restriction thing. I think their main concern is not having beat up looking, transient type vehicles. Many campgrounds seem to have a 15 year limit, at least the ones I have encountered. I think it's one of the rules used to protect the CG owners from having to accept less desirable campers. 

I have been with passport America for the past five years and I just signed up for another two received my campground directory and I find it well worth just my opinion :D

If you have a smartphone, do get the Passport America app.  The printed directory gets out of date quickly and the app uses the online database for the campground data, just like the web site.

in 1 trip this summer we have saved $296. with passport america . In Branson at Stagecoach RV Park $154 in 1 week .

Some campgrounds allow unlimited nights . Many others Monday to Thursday and once you are there if you ask for a extension they will often give you extra days at the Passport America Rate unless they are fully booked

Is Passport America worth it .  YES

Bill

We've had PA for over 4 years and it does come in handy.  We are in a PA park in Montana right now. It is a small park in a very small town but it is good for an overnight or if you need a few days just to catch up on things.  Hugs, Di

Dutch and Di said:
We've had PA for over 4 years and it does come in handy.  We are in a PA park in Montana right now. It is a small park in a very small town but it is good for an overnight or if you need a few days just to catch up on things.  Hugs, Di

Where in MT?  We are in the Bozeman area if you are headed this way.

We love it and use it. We also use the GoodSams and KOA as well. I try and find as many savings as I can. We use the flying Jay gas card as well it can be used at Pilot stations to. 

Back
Top Bottom