I have remodeled my Park Model Prowler and want to share pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trextroy

Hello. I have remodeled my park model prowler from front to back, floor to ceiling! I want to share pictures with everyone as I got alot of my ideas and info from this site. I have done a lot to my prowler and have learned along the way and want to share with others to shorten their learning curve. I want to know the best way to share my pictures on this site????????? Think I got it. I put link to my photos. They should be in order with before and after. http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/trextroy/library/

The place looks great!. So light and breezy. Love the prop over the sofa.

-Roni

What a difference!  So bright and cheery now!  Great job, thanks for sharing and giving us ideas!  :)

It looks awesome. When can I move in?

About those old brass drawer pulls...  I'd love to have them, if you haven't thrown them out. They match mine and I am doing a project...  ;D

Awesome job!!! How did you do your cabinets ? I'm in middle of Renovation also  and am at my wits end on these fake cabinets. Sanded, primed with cabinet paint today and it started to flake already !!!

alasurgtech said:
Awesome job!!! How did you do your cabinets ? I'm in middle of Renovation also  and am at my wits end on these fake cabinets. Sanded, primed with cabinet paint today and it started to flake already !!!

How I did the cabinet and doors painting. On all the wood (some fake laminate wood as well) I washed down with tsp, cleaned well with soapy water, and roughed up with green scrubbies and light sandpaper and washed again. Took drawers and doors off to make it easier. Primed with Behr Premium Plus Stainblocking Primer and Sealer. It even stuck to the fake laminate portions of the cabinets. Cannot remember if it was 1 or 2 coats of primer. I then finished with 2 coats Behr Premium Plus Paint. Lots of arm workouts with the cleaning and scrubbing!

It is a 40' x 10' with large slide in living room area and small slide for master closet.

The kitchen, bath, and bedroom counter tops are from a kit with black strong primer, 4 colors paint, and a clear coat, and a sponge made my Giani Granite. $79 bucks and a little work and it sticks right to the old laminate counters. Looks pretty good (somewhat like granite) for a cheap price and no weight added like real stone would add. We get it wet and have put hot pans down on it and it seems to be holding up perfect!

When we did a very similar job and used the same color scheme of beige walls and white cabinets, one of the hardest things to do was to find the right shade of white.  For us it was Behr Premium Plus White Mist. So I am really curious what you used?

Elly

TSP cleaner, also known as trisodium phosphate cleaner, is a cleaning agent, stain remover and degreaser. It helps cut thru grease on the cabinets so you get a nice clean finish so the primer will stick. You need to wash the surface really good after you use the tsp and get it all off or it will react with primer and paint and cause failure. You still need to scuff the surface with green scrubbies or sand paper though.

Elly Dalmaijer said:
When we did a very similar job and used the same color scheme of beige walls and white cabinets, one of the hardest things to do was to find the right shade of white.  For us it was Behr Premium Plus White Mist. So I am really curious what you used?

Elly
I used Swiss Coffee

Back
Top Bottom