Married 47 years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
... or, as I say, not to the same person.

Chris and I celebrate our 33rd anniversary today.

When we worked for a living, I used to have 2 dozen roses delivered to Chris' workplace. Since this is "Valentine's week", the florists double the price of flowers.

One year, after joining a barbershop chorus, I had a better idea. Chris was interrupted in a meeting, letting her know there were "four guys waiting in the lobby". I'd arranged for a barbershop chorus quartet to give her a red rose and a heart-shaped box of chocolates "from Tom". They proceeded to sing her several love songs.

By chance, there was a photo-journalist in the lobby, and he just clicked, clicked, away and got the story later. Here's his story in a local industry park newsletter.

Attachments

• valentine.jpg
    valentine.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 82
Congratulations, Tom.  I have 41 years total, but only 19 to Lorna.

Hum!  Not sure where I fit here.  I was married for 27 years, but my license expired 30 years ago in January. ;)

Congratulations .... In June we will have 41 years. The sign in our window says "Married 40 years" and Still on our "HONEYMOON". It gets up dated every year...

As I like to say 2.5 years plus 4 months plus 2 years plus 37 years.    I was a slow learner.:)

Tom and I celebrate 54 (to each other) in June.  My college roommate worked for Hexcel in Emeryville in the late 50's.  (Guess that shows MY age.  :( )

Congratulations, Tom & Chris!

My wife and I will hit the big 50 together this coming June. I spent so much time on the road traveling in my working years though, that sometimes we say we've been married almost 50 years, but we've only been together about 25 years!  ::) ;D

Congrats Tom....and many more to come.

Mz Friz and I have taken 25 trips around the sun together.  Glad to see there are still a few of us in it for the long haul....

Congratulations Tom and Chris.

Best I can do is a total of 56, 34 1/2 to Pat E and 22 1/2 to Pat F.  Seems I like Pat for a wife's name!    :)

Congratulations to all of you. Mike and I hit 40 years in August, all of them to each other and most of them happy :)

Congratulations, all of you on the many years you've been married.
And those of you who've been married to the same person all these years, Way to go!!! Not an easy thing to do these days.
Wishing you many more years of wedded bliss!

-Roni

Thanks all. Chris and I continually think how lucky we are. Congratulations to everyone else celebrating their anniversary.

Congrats to you both.  Nice touch with being serenaded by 4 guys!!
It is really great to read how many have long term marriages. We are almost ready to celebrate 43 years together to each other.  Dutch was married for 18 years "pre me" so he's been married for--well practically forever.  Hugs, Di

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenOldie
Back
Top Bottom