which TTs have better roofs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magicshuman

A friend asked if I would sell him my 5th wheel when we get out new couch.  I told him why he didn't want this POS.  He wants to buy a TT and I told him of all the problems we have had with roofs.  (on the 5th wheel it has metal that wraps around the front but then joins a POS roof that is nothing more then very thin cheap ply covered by a thin membrane.  This leaked on this unit and destroyed the whole front of the trailer.

So I'm sure some of the TT out there have much better roofs.  Can you suggest some brand names for him to research?

I think I found one.  Sounds like Evergreen is a step above most.  Anyone have one of the Evergreen trailers?

I don't have an Evergreen but they seem to be well-built.  Evergreen uses TPO for the roof sheeting, and TPO is used on many better brands. It is still a "thin membrane", though it is easier to keep clean than EPDM rubber. However, TPO is less sturdy than, say, fiberglass or metal sheeting.

Furthermore, Evergreen's roofing is just as susceptible to leaks as any other RV. It's not the roof material that leaks - it is the side seams and the openings (vents, skylights, a/c, etc) where leaks start. An RV is subject to twisting and vibration as it travels down the road and seams "work" enough to loosen the caulking. If you don't keep an eye on those and touch up as needed, over the years, they will still leak.

Quite a few TT brands have seamless roofs of TPO (or better) sheeting and metal framing but Evergreens extensive use of composites seem to be a plus.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom