PALO DURO CANYON RALLY, MAY 10-17, 2015 - CANYON TEXAS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Move us to the cancelled list. We'll be hanging in Cortez, working on the house and the new motorhome. Yell if you pass thru Cortez.

Wendy

Wendy, you can't do that :(  We'll be in Denver after Palo Duro, but that's the wrong side of the mountains to see you and Mike.

Ned let's face it, Wendy just doesn't like us anymore!  :( :(
But Wendy you may not escape us. We are headed to northern NM and may head over to Durango.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
Ned let's face it, Wendy just doesn't like us anymore!  :( :(

Oh gosh, I hope not.  We still love her anyway.

It looks like we're going to have to cancel as well.  We should be on on our way to New England and the Maritimes late April/early May and while we might take I-40 through Amarillo, it will most likely be a week before the Rally begins.  If things change and we delay our departure, we might stop for a night or two.  We'll miss the group but know will meet up again at another rally.  Until then.  Have a great rally.  The way The Big Larry is handling things I know it will be a huge success. 

We still love you all and will see you somewhere down the road. And it's not that far from Denver to Cortez ... oh, wait, yes it is. If we'd ever get our butts in gear and sell the house, we could anywhere we wanted.

We're taking off tomorrow for a tour of Arizona. Then we're looking forward to the Palo Duro Canyon Rally and to visiting friends in the Dallas area. After that, who knows?

Don

Gary & Maria, Mike & Wendy. . . . .  You will be missed.

Gary if you're in Amarillo before the rally give us a note.  We may be there early also.  Maybe we
can at least enjoy some good grub as you pass by.

Mike & Wendy, if we can do it anyone can. . . . .

I will update the list again in a few weeks when I am on better internet service. 

Still looking forward to seeing everyone.

THE Big Larry et al

With my oldest son's major surgery postponed from Feb 2nd to March 5th moved the Wedding Day to May 2nd. Either way we go and bring him up to Holbrook, rest him up and then take him back to Patagonia AZ; or, if he can't travel up here, we'll rest after the wedding and then go down to see him. Plans are to indefinite and the motorhome not ready to roll this spring like planned last fall.

Therefore, and sadly, please remove Bob Maxwell and Betty from the list. Anyone coming through Holbrook AZ, framily is most welcome!!! 

Sorry to hear the folks dropping off the list.  We will miss you for this great event.  Thought I would tease you a little with a couple shots from Palo Duro from the past.

Attachments

• IMG_3090 (Small).jpg
    IMG_3090 (Small).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 36
  • _MG_9598-1 (Medium).jpg
    _MG_9598-1 (Medium).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3442 (Small) (2).jpg
    IMG_3442 (Small) (2).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3600 (Small).jpg
    IMG_3600 (Small).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 41
Ron from Big D said:
Sorry to hear the folks dropping off the list.  We will miss you for this great event.  Thought I would tease you a little with a couple shots from Palo Duro from the past.

Now keep in mind Ron, I could be standing right next to you while you shot those pictures and probably not see that same view with my own eyes. ;D  Your attention to detail and getting just the right shot is amazing.

Mike.

Bob Maxwell said:
With my oldest son's major surgery postponed from Feb 2nd to March 5th moved the Wedding Day to May 2nd. Either way we go and bring him up to Holbrook, rest him up and then take him back to Patagonia AZ; or, if he can't travel up here, we'll rest after the wedding and then go down to see him. Plans are to indefinite and the motorhome not ready to roll this spring like planned last fall.

Therefore, and sadly, please remove Bob Maxwell and Betty from the list. Anyone coming through Holbrook AZ, framily is most welcome!!!

Bob, Sorry you're having to drop out.  Our best to your son and we will cross trails with you some time real soon.

Dean & Linda Stock are going to have to cancel this year because our travel plans got screwed up with my back surgery (which was supposed to have me back to normal activities in 2 weeks!  Ha!  Ha!).  We are going to travel in the fall instead.

We will do Texas next February, and we'll be in PDC in the same time frame.  I just hope you decide to make this an annual event so we can meet up with friends then.  So sorry!  I know that you will all have a great time because you are such fun people, and PDC sounds like a wonderful place.

zmotorsports said:
Now keep in mind Ron, I could be standing right next to you while you shot those pictures and probably not see that same view with my own eyes. ;D  Your attention to detail and getting just the right shot is amazing.

Mike.
I'll bet you would do just fine.  No one sees these images the same.  That's what makes it interesting.

Dean & Linda Stock said:
Dean & Linda Stock are going to have to cancel this year because our travel plans got screwed up with my back surgery (which was supposed to have me back to normal activities in 2 weeks!  Ha!  Ha!).  We are going to travel in the fall instead.

We will do Texas next February, and we'll be in PDC in the same time frame.  I just hope you decide to make this an annual event so we can meet up with friends then.  So sorry!  I know that you will all have a great time because you are such fun people, and PDC sounds like a wonderful place.

Linda, Susan and I were looking forward to seeing you again. But we understand and hope to see you down the road.

Don

It is so nice to be back amongst the living after tax season.  I am concerned that our trip to Palo Duro may be in jeopardy.  I have been having serious issues with my sciatic nerve for the last 3 months.  I haven't been able to get to the doctor much because of my work schedule.  I have 2 doctor's appointments on April 20th and April 23rd.  I will know more after that, but 1 doctor that I did see said I will need to have some minor (ha ha) back surgery and wouldn't recommend me traveling that far, pre or post surgery  Like any back surgery is ever minor.  Sounds like what Dean may be having.  Anyway, it will break our hearts if we have to cancel as we LOVE our framily and miss them like crazy.  I'll post again once I know for sure.

Sadly,

Steve & Dee

Larry,
  It is a sad day for us also, as our plans have changed and we will not be able to make it to Palo Duro. Hope to be able to meet up with folks at another RV Forum Rally or Jeep Rally soon.

Gary and Darlene

Steve N Dee said:
It is so nice to be back amongst the living after tax season.  I am concerned that our trip to Palo Duro may be in jeopardy.  I have been having serious issues with my sciatic nerve for the last 3 months.  I haven't been able to get to the doctor much because of my work schedule.  I have 2 doctor's appointments on April 20th and April 23rd.  I will know more after that, but 1 doctor that I did see said I will need to have some minor (ha ha) back surgery and wouldn't recommend me traveling that far, pre or post surgery  Like any back surgery is ever minor.  Sounds like what Dean may be having.  Anyway, it will break our hearts if we have to cancel as we LOVE our framily and miss them like crazy.  I'll post again once I know for sure.

Sadly,

Steve & Dee

Sorry to hear of your back problems Steve.  We'll miss ya.  Hope it turns out to be a better situation that what you described.

Mike.

Becks said:
Larry,
  It is a sad day for us also, as our plans have changed and we will not be able to make it to Palo Duro. Hope to be able to meet up with folks at another RV Forum Rally or Jeep Rally soon.

Gary and Darlene

Gary sad to hear that.  We were looking to seeing you and Darlene again.

Maybe next time or this fall somewhere.

Mike.

Unfortunately, we are going to have to jump on the cancel bandwagon as well.  We have a family obligation that has come due in that time frame.  Really wanted to see some old friends that we met last year in Zion and Bryce and meet new ones here.  Another time...

Back
Top Bottom