Bell (Canada) ExpressVU customers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MicheleF

We have ExpressVU satellite TV in our home - with 4 receivers, one of which is in the guest room.  If we brought the receiver to MaRVey, and purchased a Wineguard dish - does anyone know if this would work?  My instinct is yes, but I don't trust myself enough to fork out the money...

~michele~

The question is more fundimental that that!!. Where is "MaRVey"  going to be located??

You will have great difficulty picking up any Bell satellite more than about 200 miles south of the USA-Canada border since the newest satellite at about 90? Longitude replaced the old one at that location about two years ago. The satellite at 82? was never reachable more than 200 miles south.

There should specific dishes and LNB's available for RV's and Bell available in Canada but you would likely have to buy it here.  But the changeover mentioned above, in my case, forced me to switch providers.

I know of several installed for Shaw on RV's that work both here and in USA.

What you can reach with any given dish depends on the LNB's, the shape of the dish, its focal points as well as the footprint of the desired signal.

MaRVey is parked about 2 hrs east of Toronto Ontario (where we live.), and we hang out there every weekend.  When we take her on the road, we're less concerned about having TV.

MicheleF said:
MaRVey is parked about 2 hrs east of Toronto Ontario (where we live.), and we hang out there every weekend.  When we take her on the road, we're less concerned about having TV.

Then it should work fine provide you get a dish that is intended for Bell Expressview. A Shaw dish will not work as the specs are completely different. Check EBay for a none RV type dish if that would do. There is bound to be a distributor in your area without going directly to Bell or you can ask Bell for one to use at your "country cottage". (Note I did not say RV!!!)

Dish (USA) and Bell use similar equipment but, in recent years, the apparatus has changed quite a bit so the various components may no longer play together very well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom