On the road again, finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...a phone call tomorrow or Tuesday will get it explained.

Right on Ned. I just got off the phone with PA and my online application had stalled before completing. I was in there as "pending". Have to wait for the office manager to handle the charge issue (suspect s/he is off today) and they'll email me a temporary ID.

Now to get my 50% off at the BLM in QZ  ;D

Sorry, BLM doesn't recognize PA :)  They don't even recognize the Golden Age Pass.

Golden Age is good for BLM sites, just not for the LTVAs. Be pretty cool if you got 1/2-off there, huh?

It's cold and gloomy and trying to decide weather to rain or snow....Tom must be headed this way.

Wendy
Pahrump, Nevada

Wendy,

You guys had better hunker down. Bring in the awnings and any slideouts. Hope you have a full tank of propane  ;D

Right you are Wendy, just not the LTVAs.  Would be nice to only pay $10 for our week at QZ.  Tom is within 200 miles of us so it rained today :)

This has been a wonderful week for spending time with Framily members:

• Tuesday we visited Bernie and Marlene Dobrin's house in Goodyear, AZ before having dinner at their local clubhouse.
  • Wednesday we were treated to a great party at Happy Trails in Surprise, AZ with a number of folks in attendance. Here are some reports and photos from the event.
  • Thursday we toured Betty & Terry Brewer's new house in Yuma, AZ. We then had dinner and did a lot of catching up.
  • Tom and Margi Binninger are in town, but have really bad colds, so we talked only briefly. Hopefully they'll be feeling better and we can chat more before we leave.

Dave and Lisa were able to catch us Wednesday in their newly-repaired coach (here's the story if you missed it.) They're really enjoying meeting some folks for the first time and renewing acquaintances with others.

If you're new to the forum, here's an explanation of Who or what is the Framily?.

Today we made an Algadones run for meds and eyeglasses. We actually made two runs because they made an error in my eyeglasses; Rather than keep others hanging around while new ones were made, we drove back to Yuma and returned to pick up the replacements.

This is high (snowbird) season and the line to re-enter the U.S. was long. But the line was significantly longer the second time.

Sorry we missed spending time with you, Tom.  My cold is finally better so I'm returning to work today.  If we don't see you this morning, have a great and safe trip home.

Margi

Margi,

Glad the cold is better and that we were able to talk briefly this morning. Couldn't leave town without saying goodbye.

We arrived at Outdoor Resorts in Las Vegas yesterday, our last stop before the final leg of our trip. This is also 'home' for Al & Judy Griefer and Dave & Lisa Heller. We had dinner with the Griefers, Fitzgeralds and Hellers before we were all entertained at a show.

Glad you are enjoying the trip and finally got out of the cold weather.  Dave and Lisa where one of the pleasent surprises we incurred at the Russ, Ned and Lorna gathering.  What nice people they seem to be.  Should they decide to return to HT, it would be our pleasure to again meet with them as well as everyone else.  But we do need to to get them on the forum. With their travels, many of us can learn much from them.

Tom,

Glad you are safely in Vegas. Don't let Jerry spend all your money!!! ;D Luckily our weather has turned to much warmer temps and we've had little rain. They forecast showers for the next couple of days but that's normal for Florida at any time of the year. May have to turn the air on soon! :)

Hope you can get Dave & Lisa to join the forum. It sure was a pleasure to meet them and we hope to see them again someday.

Shayne/Jim,

Dave joined the forum some time ago, but he doesn't come here very often. Lisa spends zero time on a PC. They've attended several forum rallies, including Moab and QZ and enjoy meeting and spending time with Framily members. Different strokes for different folks.

Tom,

We just have to get Dave to be more active. ;D We really enjoyed meeting them again. Lisa is a sweetheart and quite funny at times. Sure hope we see them again.

I'm headed over to their coach as soon as I type this Jim and I'll be sure to let them know.

We had a couple of enjoyable days/ights in Las Vegas, then left for home. We overnighted at A Country RV Park near Bakersfield, CA and made the final leg, arriving home early this afternoon.

We drove a little over 7,000 miles in the last couple of months and were fortunate to spend time with a number of forum members. A few others we missed due to conflicting schedules, but we'll catch up in due course. We have lots of fond memories of good times with folks, a few campfire stories to tell and some photos to help remind us of where we've been.

Overall, the coach performed very well and appears to have survived the snow and sub-freezing temperatures of northern Kentucky. My list of stuff to add or fix got a little longer, but not for anything serious.

Thanks Ron. Yes, it was a very enjoyable trip. Sorry we didn't get to hook up with you and Sam, but we'll catch you at Moab.

Glad you had a good trip Tom. We also arrived home today but traveled a lot less than 7000 miles (more like 3000). And the cold weather that was following you, has turned and is now following us....3" of snow expected here tonight.

Wendy
home in Cortez, Colorado

Back
Top Bottom