On the road again, finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like we got out of Dodge (northern KY) just in time; My daughter emailed me this morning letting me know they had more snow overnight. The local weather forecast here in Nashville says there's a possibility of snow tomorrow. This stuff is following us!

We're continuing to move southwest, but it looks like we'll run into thunderstorms today &/or tomorrow.

LOL Wendy, that sounds like what the forumites in Florida told me when we were down there.

Hmmm, I t appears you are spreading the fowl weather across the nation as you travel. ;D ;D ;D  Guess we missed your visit to NYC. ;) ;) ;D

LOL Ron. We didn't visit NYC, but can you imagine if we had  ;D

A few nights ago we stayed at Dallas NE/Caddo Mills KOA in Caddo Mills, TX. We don't normally stay at KOA's for reasons discussed elsewhere, but this looked like the best park in the area. This is a nice, clean park owned and operated by a husband and wife team. This was the most friendly, efficient and fastest check-in we've had at any campground, bar none. The park is very clean and the owners go out of their way to accommodate the needs of their guests. No folks running around in yellow "KOA" golf carts ignoring customers. The owners roll their sleeves up.

Next stop was Texas RV Park in Big Spring, TX. Another nice, friendly park with huge pull-throughs. The park is 4 miles off the freeway, on the other (south) side of town.

We finally hit "warmer" weather in Las Cruces. 67 degrees feels really good after all the sub-freezing temps we've experienced. Decided to stay a second night here at Hacienda RV Park and take a break from traveling. Hacienda is a very nice park, albeit a little more pricey than the other places I mentioned. Last time we were here was several weeks ago on our eastbound trip and we awoke to snow and ice.

It's 70 degrees in Pahrump and Terrible's Lakeside is still having their fuel promotion (one free night in the RV park for every $25 you buy in gas and/or propane)....you could balance out those higher rate RV parks.

Sounds inviting Wendy. We also have an offer of up to 5 free nights at Outdoor Resorts in LV.

And Terrible's is a Passport American park, good for 3 nights.  Fill up the motor home, use PA, and probably get at least a week at a very good price :)

Hacienda is also a PA park, good for 2 nights.  There are 2 other PA parks in Las Cruces as well.

Yes, Hacienda is a PA park, although I didn't realize it until I heard the couple registering in front of us ask for the discount. We don't have PA. Guess our savings would have paid for the subscription.

Tom, PA pays for itself in as little as 3 nights stay.  I can't see why every RVer doesn't belong.

Tom

Will you and Chris be stopping in Surprise on your way back to CA to see all of us in this area?  Always a good excuse for a party :)  It would be great to see both of you again but please leave the cold weather back there :D

Ned said:
Tom, PA pays for itself in as little as 3 nights stay.  I can't see why every RVer doesn't belong.

I think it was Ned and Lorna that recommended PA to us a few years ago.  We bought the lifetime membership they offered back then and I can safely say that we save more each year than the lifetime membership cost us.

Hi Lorna,

Do they do 1-day/night rentals at your place? Is that Happy Trails? - they don't show up in Woodall's or TL.

On the occasions I've looked at PA's locations maps (typically, while in Camping World), I've figured they didn't have participating parks in the places we were planning to be. But I've been proven wrong numerous times  :(

For a one or two night stay, I'd recommend Cotton Lane RV Park, just off I-10.  It's about a 20 minute drive to Happy Trails from there.  HT isn't a conventional RV park, it's all owned lots and caters to the monthly and seasonal renters for those owners with rental lots.  It may be possible to find a lot fo one night, but Cotton Lane would probably be a better bet for you.

PA has added a LOT of campgrounds in the last few years, many on the well traveled routes.  It's no longer necessary to drive miles out of your way to find a member park.

OK thanks Ned. We'll make a decision after our next stop, depending on how Chris is feeling. One reason we stayed an extra night in Las Cruces was because she wasn't feeling too good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom