01 winnebago ultimate advantage dash ac problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nate mcnett

Greetings! I'm new here so hopefully this is the correct place for my topic....
I have a 2001 winnebago ultimate advantage. The dash ac doesn't now cold air and I need help finding the part number for the condenser. I have help from a friend with a truck garage, but I could really use part numbers to locate the proper condenser.

Nate what caused you to decide the condenser coil required replacement?
A cheap test is buy a can of refrigerant at Walmart and fill the system, then observe results.
Call Winnebago with your VIN to get more info on the A/C system, brand is necessary to order parts. I think
Winnebago used Evans Tempcon dash air. Even though they are out of business (Jan 2023), parts are still available.

My condenser looks pretty bad. Has some rotting. I had my truck garage replace the ac compresser while they were in there replacing other pullies. I didn't want to do all of the work and leave the condenser to leak. My plan is to work our way through the ac system and hopefully have a much nicer reliable system.

Nate what caused you to decide the condenser coil required replacement?
A cheap test is buy a can of refrigerant at Walmart and fill the system, then observe results.
Call Winnebago with your VIN to get more info on the A/C system, brand is necessary to order parts. I think
Winnebago used Evans Tempcon dash air. Even though they are out of business (Jan 2023), parts are still available.
The supplier was probably SCS Fridgette not that it makes any difference. When I overhauled the Horizon's dash air I was able to source all of the parts I needed after some Interwebs searching.
My condenser looks pretty bad. Has some rotting. I had my truck garage replace the ac compresser while they were in there replacing other pullies. I didn't want to do all of the work and leave the condenser to leak. My plan is to work our way through the ac system and hopefully have a much nicer reliable system.
The condenser "looks pretty bad.." has "rotting.." - I'm not sure exactly what that means. Aluminum doesn't rot, it does corrode under some circumstances. So the assumption is you or someone else discovered the condenser core is leaking?

Here ya go:
12V air conditioning

I forgot this; when we bought our MH the dash air did not cool, but rather than throwing money at the problem right-away I bought a large can of R134a with the gauge and filled the system to the full mark in the gauge. that same can of R 134a today is $40.
That must have worked because that was in 2013 and it has cooled great to this day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom