'04 American Eagle mother board panel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

racelance

My front interior lights weren't working and I finally figured out why... The motherboard had an issue apparently with frying one of the pigtail connectors. It happened to be the one with the interior front lights on it. Does anyone know a good way to repair this masterboard? It friend the connector pretty good unfortunately - I'm assuming I'll need an entire new panel and a new pigtail.

Thanks,

Lance

I have the same set-up in my '04 American Tradition.  A couple of the circuits are overloaded and the Molex connectors fry before the fuse blows. I recommend replacing some of the lights with LEDs to reduce the amps.  The cargo bay lights is a common failure point, and so are the interior circuits with all those halogen bulbs. I get mine from one of our sponsors, RVledbulbs.com (see discount offer), but there are many sources available.

If the board itself has a problem, you can send it back to the manufacturer, American Technology Components, for repairs. If you need the wire end of the Molex, tell them and they will send that back with the repaired board. Or you could just wire in a bypass for the Molex connector - I did that "temp fix" for a couple years. If it's just the wire end connector that is bad, you could buy the connector and do it yourself, or find a buddy or local shop that has the skills. Molex connectors are pretty common in electronics.
http://www.atcomp.com/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom