06 Moab Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably hard to find a spring or fall weekend in Moab that isn't pretty full. But it sure seemed to be less crowded when we left last year on Sunday. Maybe I should just buy a jeep and join both rallies??

When is the mini rally in Torrey?

Ron said:
Talked to Annie at Portal RV Park in Moab today.  There is one full hookup site available begining 1 may 2006.  Several partial hookup sites still available.  List of reservatrions as follows:

2006 28 April - 07 May

1.  Fitzgerald -  26-apr - 07 May

2.  Phil

3.  Brewer

4.  Ruward - 26 Apr - 07 May

5.  Sharp

6.  Russ M.

7.  Reiter

8.  Jordan

10. Marabito

11. Woods - 26 Apr - 07 May

12. Miller

13. Lynch

14. Tom J.

15. Dobrin

16. Thomas

20. Underhills  site availabel 1 May

21  site available 1 may

23. Myers

24. Lassen

25. Cousins

26. Knights

27. Alexander

Underhill need to call to confirm dates.

Anybody that plans to attend should call and make reservations now.

Ron:  It is unlikely that the Jordans will be there.  Can you call Betty and confirm.  That would free up a space.

Ron,

From the information I got the site you show as available is already taken.? They told me they would send me an e-mail this coming week.

Received the Email from Portal showing the reservations they have for the RV Forum group.? The work campers have been moved to the end of the second row and the two that are affected were moved to were the work campers were last year.? They still have full hookup sights.? There was some confusion regarding Tom Jone with another Jones but when I gave them the las names it was resolved.? Tom has the sight he had reserved.

Bonnie indicated that at this time the only sights available are in the field.? Should any cancellations be received those in the field will be moved to a hookup site.

>
> Dear Ron,
>
> Thank you for your call to us .? It is SO helpful to have
> first names..it eliminates the mix up we had with Tom Jones!? So thank
> you!?
>
> I am also listing what we have for the dates your group will be with us:

> site 1?  ?Fitzgerald? ? ? arrive 4/26? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 2? *?Bullock? ? ? ? ?arrive 4/28? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 3? ?*Brewer? ? ? ? ? arrive 4/30? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 4? ?*Ruward? ? ? ? ?arrive 4/26? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 5?  ?Sharp? ? ? ? ? ? arrive 4/28? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 6?  *?Lassen? ? ? ? ? ?arrive 4/28? ? ? depart 5/7
> site 7? ?*Reiter? ? ? ? ? ? arrive 4/28? ? ? depart 5/7
> site 8? ?*Lawerance? ? ?arrive 4/28? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 9? ?*Mahoney? ? ? ?arrive 4/28? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 10? *Marabito? ? ? ? arrive 4/28? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 11?  Woods? ? ? ? ? arrive 4/28? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 12?  A. Griefer? ? ? ?arrive 4/28? ? ?depart 5/8
> site 13?  Lynch? ? ? ? ? ?arrive 4/28? ? ? depart 5/7
> site 14? *Jones? ? ? ? ? ? arrive 4/28? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 15? ? ? workamper
> site 16? ? ? workamper
> site 17? ? ? workamper
> site 18?  Dobrin? ? ? ? ?arrive 4/28? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 20?  Pennings ? ? ?arrive 4/28? ? depart 5/7
? ?Site 21?  Brinks? ? ? ? ? ?arrive 4/26? ? depart 5/1
> site 21?  Lundquist? ? ?arrive 5/1? ? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 22?  Ellis? ? ? ? ? ? ? arrive 5/1? ? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 23?  Myers? ? ? ? ? arrive 4/28? ? ?deaprt 5/7
> site 24? ? ? Fugit? long time tenent not from our group
> site 25?  Weimart? ? ? ?arrive 4/30? ? ?depart 5/7
> site 28? ? ?Bixler? ?long term tenent not part of our group
> site 30?/ 26? Mike and Ann Shedivy ? ? ?arrive 4/30? ?
> site 35? Sherwood? ?arrive 4/30? ? ?depart 5/7

Ron,

The last name may not have resolved it. The guy in the next site to me two years ago was named Tom Jones and he was there with a 4x4 group again last year.

I just called both of our friends who had expressed an interest in Moab. One of them has a reservation - Griefer/Site 26 and is coming; The other doesn't have a reservation and won't be coming anyway.

BTW site 14 is the one we reserved.

Tom

I forgot about the second Tom Jones I met at Portal two years ago.  Might be a good idea to call Bonnie and make sure you address matches the Tom Jones scheduled for your site 14.  I do think she went to the original paperwork to confirm she had the right Jones in there and the first name of the other Jone she had was not Tom.

I'll call Bonnie tomorrow Ron, thanks.

BTW folks shouldn't be discouraged by having to camp in the field. As you suggest and as we found out our first year, they do get cancellations and will readily move you to a hookup site when that happens. In our case, after a couple of nights in the field, it looked like we might have to move 2 or 3 times, but Annie was able to work it out so we moved only once.

Ron said:
I forgot about the second Tom Jones I met at Portal two years ago.  Might be a good idea to call Bonnie and make sure you address matches the Tom Jones scheduled for your site 14.  I do think she went to the original paperwork to confirm she had the right Jones in there and the first name of the other Jone she had was not Tom.

Ron:  They still have Jordan listed on site 34.  Is there another Jordan?

Mike, Wendy, and Sam found ourselves in Moab today doing a couple of jobs. The sky was blue, the rocks red, the temperature in the mid-50s, traffic was minimal....it was awesome!!

We had an interesting trip through downtown where they are in the midst of resurfacing the roads. I?m not talking about putting down another layer of asphalt on the existing roadway. I?m talking about closing down half the road, ripping out the road down to the dirt,
and putting in new concrete. This ?improvement? is taking place right now between 200 N and 100 S. Starting May 1, they will be doing the same thing between 100 S and 300 S. There will be one narrow lane going each direction. Recommendation? Head to the campground from the north or plan on taking some extra time through town.

We stopped at Portal RV park and talked to the new manager....good visit. They have switched reservation programs and while they have a complete list of us, with site numbers, they really don?t have a lot more than last name and site number. We gave them our info
and everyone planning on attending might want to contact them with their personal info....1-435-259-6108, fax 1-435-259-7931,
[email protected]

The bathhouses are in the midst of being redone....very nice, with new paint, flooring, etc. They plan on adding gravel to several campsites and leveling them out. The owners are putting some $$ into fixing up the campground and the new manager is really
into fixing things up. And they expect to be finished with it all before we get there.

There are still sites out in the field. They?re going to mark off the field with paint, marked into sites the same size as their regular sites.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
They have added a $10 pet deposit but only charge you if they have to clean up after the beasties. They ask that you only allow your pets to do their business in the pet area.

We stopped at the visitor center (which involved a loop around the backroads) and picked up some flyers. I?ve seen a couple of new 4WD drives and hikes that I?m just dying to try out. I think a trip for the Lawrences to Moab next month is definitely in order.

Mike?s attached a couple of pics here to show you the fun road construction and the snow (or lack thereof) on the La Salles (maybe there?ll be a run along the LaSalle loop??).

I was going to also post pics of the LaSalles but system would not let me, so I posted them in the next message.

Attachments

• MoabRoadwork1.jpg
    MoabRoadwork1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 35
  • MoabRoadwork2.jpg
    MoabRoadwork2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 26
  • MoabRoadwork3.jpg
    MoabRoadwork3.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 24
  • MoabRoadwork4.jpg
    MoabRoadwork4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 25
Mike,

There is no need to bother Portal.  I have coordinated with them and given them last names.  The list I provided a couple post ago is up to date as received from them last Monday Feb 06.  The only mix up was they had two Jones but that is corrected as the compared dates the reservation was made  and I gave the first names.

Mike,

Thanks for the photos. There's something about the desert in the forground and the snow covered mountains in the distance. We still haven't done the drive into the LaSalles. Maybe next time.

Thanks Mike & Wendy. Great photos of the LaSalles. Sure looks like major road construction in town. Hope they didn't do that because we complained of the dust last year  ;D

BTW when you click Additional Options to attach photos, there's a note that warns of the attachment limit. It's there to prevent someone from attaching megafiles, which someone once tried. For the benefit of others, the way to handle more than 6 attachments/larger total size is the way you did - by replying to your own message and attaching the remaining photos.

fredethomas said:
Ron: Portal assigned us to site 16 when we made reservations last year??? Are you sure we have been reasigned??

We will call them.

Yes.  Dobrins was in the end site nbr 15 and you were in site 16 next to them.  Apparently the new Managers have designated sites 15, 16, and 17 as work camper sites so Dobrins and you were moved to the next sites available in that same row 18 and 19.  Theses sites are full hookup sites also just a few sites further from the end of the row.  The list as I posted is what Portal has for our group as of last Monday.  Other than Dobrins and yourself and Lassens being moved from their full hookup site on the second row to the full hookup site 9 in first row everything looks as it was originally.

Rats, missed them two days in a row because of their winter hours and me being busy. Will try again this afternoon.

Tom,

I am pretty sure they have it straightened out correctly since the other Jone had a different first name and wasn't from California.

the other Jone had a different first name and wasn't from California.

If it's the same guy who has been there the last two years with his "friends", his first name was also Tom and he lived in CA. I'd better call this afternoon just to make sure. Don't wish to turn up and find no room at the inn.

We weren't suggesting that anyone bother the folks at Portal. Just that the new manager said they had new reservation software and had lost all previous information (address, contact number, etc.), that they had no information on anyone other than last name with arrival/departure dates, and that he thought it would be helpful if they had more information (like unit size, number of vehicles, number of people, pets, etc.) so that they had a complete reservation record.

As for the road construction, it's going to make getting in and out of places a bit of a pain...two narrow temporary lanes through town. Not to mention no street parking during the construction. Good news is that the streets with the post office and visitor center, are in the area being done now so while we had to make a circle through the back streets to get there, that section of main street will be done by the end of April.

Weren't they working on the roads last year???

Gee, Tom, the phone in the campground office was ringing yesterday while we were talking to the new manager. Maybe it was you???

Wendy

LOL that night have been me Wendy. But I missed both their 8-9am and 2-4 windows in addition to this morning's window. Each time I called, the phone rang a few times, then went to their recorded message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom