06 Moab Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that do not have a full hookup site reservation site 20 is a full hookup site so let the Brits know if you want to upgrade to full hookups so they can coordinate this info when the call to cancel.

Hi Peggy & Dennis,

Sorry to hear that you can't make it to Moab. With your approval we like to upgrade from our site 30 to yours (20).
I will contact Dan at Portal R.V. Park to morrow. Also would appreciate if you would send them an E-mail.

Thanks, Chris & Mimy

Pennings have taken Underhills site 20 so site 30 a partial hookup site (water and electric) is available.  Anyone wanting to Attend the 2006 Moab Rally better get your reservations in.

There is another full hookup site becoming available at the Moab rally this year again .? If interested in a full hookup site please send me a PM.

I see there is no response to Ron R.'s notification that another full hook-up spot [#19] at Moab is open.  Daisy and I cannot make it this year.  Hoping we can make it to Torrey but will not know for a while yet.

Fred,

We came through Torrey today and are looking forward to exploring that area with you two.  Hope we see you there in 2 weeks.

Terry and Betty Brewer would like to  attend the Canyonlands by night boat tour if it is after 4/30 as that is our arrival date now.  thanks for arranging this.  It is something I've always wanted to do.

BB

That's too bad Fred. I was looking forward to seeing you folks there.

We are packing up now.? I would like to post the itinerary in case other folks land in the same places.

April 23, 24 and 25, Las Vegas at the Destiny Oasis RV Resort

April 26 in transit - either Cedar City or   Beaver KOA

April 27, 28, 29, and 30 Torrey UT (Capitol Reef NP) at the Thousand Lakes RV Resort.

May 1 thru 6 at the Moab rally.

May 7,8, and 9 at Gouldings in Monument Valley.

May 10, 11, and 12 at the J&H RV Park in Flagstaff, AZ.

If any of you all are in the vicinity and see a little white Prowler TT and a green Ford Bronco, drop by and say hello.

Carl and Cindy L

Hi Everyone,

Last year we tried to do a horse trail ride out of Red Cliff Lodge, but the weather was iffy, so we didn't go.  This year, I'd like to see if anyone would like to go with me.  If so, let me know and we'll look at the activites for the week and come up with a plan.

Tim and I were impressed with the quality of horses at Red Cliff Lodge; and how the wranglers handled riders and horses.  It was a walk ride only and was on nice footing, no big hills or drop offs..... not a scarey ride at all.  Beginning and or inexperienced riders would be very safe.

I'll be in Site 9 in an Allegro Bus if anyone is interested.

Marsha~

MarshaLassen/CA said:
Last year we tried to do a horse trail ride out of Red Cliff Lodge, but the weather was iffy, so we didn't go.? This year, I'd like to see if anyone would like to go with me.? If so, let me know and we'll look at the activities for the week and come up with a plan.

Terry just said to me "That might be fun." So count us in if the weather is good. I wouldn't want to ride in the rain .

I'll be there on  Sunday 4/30.  Maybe we can plan the week's events then  or maybe someone will already have organized this week before we get there which .
Betty

Fitzgeralds and Us will be arriving at Portal on the 26th the same day I understand Gary & Nancy will arrive.  Looking forward to seeing the Brinks,  been a long time.

Betty,  I'm a wimp and don't do rides in the rain either.  I agree let's check out the schedule and see what days might be best.  Glad you and Terry are thinking about going...should be fun.

Hi Ron,  I also hope the weather will cooperates.  It was so marginal last year!  Sam and I can compare grandkid stories while riding down the trail singing "Happy Trails To YOu". 

I'm bringing pictures of the Granddaughter... ;D

Marsha~

I got a disappointing email from Portal today, in reply to an inquiry about my reservation. Somebody named Mark says "there have been no cancellations" and they still have a site for me only on 4/26 and 4/27.  Since I know there have been several cancellatons since I requested a site back in February, I get the feeling they have shuffled us to the bottom of their list and forgotten us..  The fact that we are leaving 5/1 is admittedly a complication, but I'm getting rather skeptical of their good faith.  We will probably move over to the Arches on 4/28 rather than pay $20/night merely to boondock in their field. That's a bit steep, in my opinion.

Gary,

Maybe Ron could/would call and use his charm with the folks at Portal, explaining that you're with the group (Ron?) The owners, managers and reservation system are all new for this year and they don't appear to have the same degree of flexibility as the prior ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom