06 Moab Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed all the pics so far.  Thanks.  Here is a panoramic picture taken at Island in the Sky , Grandview point overlook on 4-28-06

Al&Vel

Attachments

• Grandview Panoramic 002 (Large).jpg
    Grandview Panoramic 002 (Large).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 67
I made a video DVD of portions of our road trip, mostly just  the "Pucker Pass" piece and left it with Ron Ruward.  I've got quite a bit more footage but the computer and video editting software was cantankerous today, so i was only able to get the basics onto a DVD. Will try again later and make available a more comprehensive video of the trip.

Al & Vel: thanks for the still photos and the great panorame shot.

Tom:

Is it possible (or worthwhile) to separate the rally messages from the planning messages in this thread?  Seems like a lot of planning messages to wade through to get to the actual rally fun.

Wish we were there.

Smoky said:
Seems like a lot of planning messages to wade through to get to the actual rally fun.

Smoky,

Just yesterday I was asked to keep it all in one discussion  ::)

For the most part, the most recent messages in this topic are the "fun" reports. I have my profile set to display the most recent messages first.

FWIW Betty has started a separate events planning topic, so I don't expect to see too many new planning type messages in the topic you're currently reading.

Smoky said:
Tom:

Is it possible (or worthwhile) to separate the rally messages from the planning messages in this thread?  Seems like a lot of planning messages to wade through to get to the actual rally fun.

Wish we were there.

Smoky,

Part of the fun is the planning but you really need to be here to see how fast the schedule changes.  ;D

Where are you now?

Phil

Phil  we are in SC....  Tom  I can go to the last page for updates, no biggie.  It just seemed strange to have all the Feb, Mar messages in front of this thread.  I cannot imagine why anyone would want to see all the "I'll be there"  "Ooops, now I have to cancel", and "Can I have Joe's space?", etc messages just to get to the current ongoing rally stuff.  But hey, there are bigger mysteries in life for me to ponder!  ;D

Smoky

It's gotten to late to cancel and take over someone elses space. All of that gets on before we get here. Now that we're here, we get the planning messages. If you don't want to sort thru all the old stuff, how about resorting so you see all the new messages first?

I for one have on several occasions found it necessary to go back to page 4 or 5 to find a answer for others or myself. If you set your preferences up to disply the last message first there should be no problem sorting through the newest messages while when somebody wants to check on something much earlier they can just go back as far as they need to.

Works well for me.
Have a great time back East and give Sharon a big hug from us.

We left Moab today [sigh], bidding everyone a fond farewell as they headed out for their morning activities and we closed up for travel.  Now its "happy hour" in Moab and and here we are in the parking lot of the Salt Lake City Camping World where we expect to spend the night.  :p  :-\  :'(

Gary,

Sorry you folks had to leave. Enjoyed the small time we spent together and wish you could have stayed longer. Maybe we'll make it to Moses Lake one of these days.

It was very enjoyable to see you and Nancy again, if only for a few days.  Enjoy your summer in WA and we'll see you again down the road.

I Gary & Nancy,

It was great seeing you again after such a long time.  We enjoyed visiting and doing the off road trip.  Was sorry you couldn't have stayed longer.  Sam & I enjoyed the Canyonlands by Night boat tour this evening.  We are looking forward to you visiting Sam's camp later this year.  Have a safe trip to Moses Lake and an enjoyable summer there.

25 forum members at Moab took the Canyonlands By Night boat tour this evening.  Dinner was served befor departure then we boarded for the tour.  The dinner, tour and light show was great. Mimie had asked earlier what a duch oven was and Chris had the opportunity to introduce her to one.  Attached are some photos taken during the evening.

Attachments

• Dinner before Boarding (Small).jpg
    Dinner before Boarding (Small).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Into to Dutch oven (Small).jpg
    Into to Dutch oven (Small).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Boarded and waiting departure_enhanced_1 (Small) (Small).jpg
    Boarded and waiting departure_enhanced_1 (Small) (Small).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 68
One more photo taken during the boat tour of ET hiding in the cliffs.

Attachments

• ET Hiding in th Cliff (Medium).jpg
    ET Hiding in th Cliff (Medium).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 76
Nice pictures Ron, keep 'em coming so we can enjoy the rally vicariously. Each day at 6 pm (I think that is 4 pm your time) I pour my single malt and raise my glass pointing to the west so I can be at your happy hour in spirit.

Hey, did anyone plan a golf outing?

I hope the golf outing at QZ becomes an annual event.

On Tuesday 9 vehicles went on a off road trip to Bull Canyon and Gemini Bridges with Sam leading and the Woods as tail gunners.  We first went to a beautiful place at the end of Bull canyon where we had lunch while having a great view of the bridges from the canyon bottom.  Shortly after lunch we caught Jerry kneeling down looking like he was praying similar to what Peter & Collette photographed a few years ago.  Check out the following photos.

Attachments

• Good road EH (Medium).jpg
    Good road EH (Medium).jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Lunch in Bull Canyon (Medium).jpg
    Lunch in Bull Canyon (Medium).jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 61
The view we enjoyed while eating lunch. See attached photos.

Attachments

• The View (Medium).jpg
    The View (Medium).jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Jerry Praying again (Medium).jpg
    Jerry Praying again (Medium).jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 58
And a couple phots as we were leaving Bull Canyon.  It appears Wendy elected to walk for a while in the second photo.

Attachments

• Clouds (Medium).jpg
    Clouds (Medium).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Mike without Wendy (Medium).jpg
    Mike without Wendy (Medium).jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom