08 Sightseer - Does the charger operate while the engine in running or when the generator is running

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigdad72

If I may continue this thread.....  I have an '08 Sightseer 35j that came without an inverter.  I had the dealer install an inverter because I wanted to replace existing TV's plus the kiddies have lots of games + other items.
I'm concerned about running down the house batteries while under way or dry camping.  Does the charger operate while the engine in running or when the generator is running or both?  I know that the charger operates when I'm plugged into shore power....   

Thanks!
Doug

The chassis alternator charges the House Batteries while the engine is running. It does this by closing the Battery Isolation Solenoid with the ignition on.

thanks for the reply.  I should have read my manual before I posted this question as it clearly states. "House batteries are automatically charged by the chassis alternator while the engine is running."  I will attempt to read the directions prior to future questions.  Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom