1/2 ton towable 5th wheels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ram and Fiat.....now there's a mental visual image.  :p
Fiat has the IVECO Division that produces the Australia only Powerstar HDT and the Stralis Global HDT.

Attachments

• IVECO Green Powerstar.jpg
    IVECO Green Powerstar.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IVECO Stralis.jpg
    IVECO Stralis.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 18
... and what exactly does this have to do with RVing?

.. and what exactly does this have to do with RVing?
Actually quite a fair bitTthe 3 Litre IVECO Daily is used a lot as a Tow tug for 5th Wheelers in Australia. Fiat is not just a car company but a maker of Commercial Vehicles, like the Ducato and IVECO Daily which are used for RV's here and in Europe i.e Class B and Class C's
Not many North Americans know how much Fiat is involved in RV's. 3 Litre Japanese sourced  Diesel Global Pickups tow Travel Trailers and Lightweight 5th Wheelers.
The 3 Litre  Diesel RAM 1500 should tow a Lightweight 5th Wheeler without any problem.

This is my third season towing a Keystone Cougar 26-SAB 5W with a 2011 Tundra. I've had no issues so far. Because many of Massachusetts' highways merit 3rd-world status, I had a local garage install a set of Air-Lift air bags. The air bags might not be necessary, but I figure they save the springs and shocks some abuse. I leave them filled to 18 - 20 psi whether I'm towing or not. The truck has a tow package and the 5.7L V8. It doesn't have a full-size bed, so I slide the hitch when backing into tight spots.

The overall quality of the Cougar doesn't impress me. If I had the choice to make again I'd go with the Jayco Eagle that has the same layout.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom