1/2 Ton Vs. 3/4 Ton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
scottydl said:
Right, but there are older 3/4 ton SUV's that will do the trick.  My Suburban is an example, and I did not plan on going as old as 1995 but I found a gem and that happened to be its year.  However the 2500-series Suburban was made up through 2006 I believe, and I've heard they are available (and probably also the sister GMC Yukon XL) again as a special order from Chevrolet/GMC.  That would require buying new though, and I'm afraid to even guess at what they would cost.  Some of them might hit the used market in a few years, but they will be rare and will probably hold their value quite well.

Same goes for some of the 2000-2004 (?) Ford Excursions with the diesel engine.  They are even more rare than the Suburbans though.  Do your research on those too, because not all generations of the Ford diesel engines have aged well.  One version is gold, and the other should be avoided like the plague... offhand I just can't remember which is which.  ;)

Would love to find a suburban or excursion.  Especially since it will give us room.  I'm heading down to Charleston in February, I will give a look!

My new Sierra 2500hd crew cab 6.0L  has plenty of capacity. I use it for a daily driver also. The gas mileage not towing is about 13 MPG so bad but not too bad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTRDYS
Back
Top Bottom