12 volt vs. 6 volt batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks John, I forgot to ask Bernie to post that.

I am quoting from the Lifeline Batteries Maintenance & Charging Advisory.

"Lifeline construction techniques and materials selections significantly reduces the possibility of battery damage from sulfating (buildup of hard deposits on the plates). However like all lead acid batteries sulfating can occur. Additionally, normal battery cycling tends to develop each individual cell slightly different. To correct both minor sulfating and irregular cell development we recommend equalizing annually. This can be accomplished by charging at 15.5 volts for 1 to 3 hours, depending on the size of the battery"

This is the entire section on equalization. I don't know if, or how, it is applicable to non-Lifeline AGM batteries. As Tom has mentioned, your best option is to follow your brand's recommendations. As for me, I equalized my 4 6v Lifeline batteries today. planned before this thread developed.

Thanks for the info Bernie... Deka does not suggest equalization however the batteries I have do need the occasional kick in the plates or so I've found... one more than the other and they are supposed to be twins.

I'll program the Xantrex with the lifeline settings, I'm currently set a bit higher I think

Back
Top Bottom