120v problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yarnkitty

Hi all.  I wonder if anyone would have ideas about what might be going on in my Bounder motorhome.  This morning we awoke to find that the 120v outlets in the rear half of the RV are not working.  We checked our circuit breakers and nothing had tripped.  I flipped all of them off and then back on to be sure.  We checked all the fuses and they were ok (I know they are for the 12v stuff but felt like I had to do something).  The outlets in question include the bathroom (a GFCI outlet), hall, and bedroom.  What should I look at next?

Did you try resetting your 120V outlet in the washroom??  In my RV, all outlets in the bedroom go through this one... ;)

I would bet the GFI circuit is popped, try to reset the outlet, or the outlet itself could be bad, they fail after time....

One GFI circuit can affect a number of outlets....my bathroom GFI also pertains to my outside outlets and one in my galley.

Good Luck.

Jim

Probably 95% of the circuits in an RV are daisy chained.  So to find dead outlets, go to the next place where there is still power and open it up.  Chances are you will find a loose wire.  Be sure to disconnect from shore power first.  If not there then be sure to check the first outlet that is dead.  Same thing.  Those cheezy push in connections on RV outlets are about the worst you can find.  So replacing them with better stuff from a big box store is not out of the question.

It may mean that but check the power on its input, It will not reset if 120V is not present there. If there is power, replace the socket with a new one. NOTE carefully the existing wiring as it likely has two outputs, one is often not used and the other will be marked load or something similar.

You could also check the outside socket for moisture if it was exposed to a lot of heavy rain.

My father-in-law came over and showed us how to reset the GFCI.  We weren't holding the button long enough.  Once that was reset, all the other outlets worked.  Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vrinda
Back
Top Bottom