120v switch box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TPDINAZ

I have a 95 Bounder 34J.  I need to know where the switching box is for the 120v power coming into the coach from the generator.  The box delays the power coming into the coach for about 30 seconds when you start up the generator.  (I assume to give it time to warm up.)  I have no power coming into the coach from the generator.  I have tested the gen and it's producing 120volts.  I have been told that this "switch box" is usually the culprit.  Anybody know where I can find this device?  Thanks,  Tim

The transfer switch is probably attached directly to the back of the main power circuit breaker panel.  That was the norm for Fleetwood coaches of that era.

I am sure you have checked the Breakers on the generator.  I would cycle them. 

The Transfer Switch is generally in the Power Bay close to where you Shore Power cord comes in.  Follow your Shore Power Cord as it will terminate at the Transfer Switch.

WEEWUN, Yup I checked them, even replaced the 30amp coach breaker as a precaution, and it produces power at the gen just not getting into the coach. 

If your power distribution panel is a PowerTek, like the one shown, then the switch is mounted directly to the back as I stated in my previous post.

If you have two ducted air conditioners with a common Intellitec ECC thermostat panel there will be a second (standalone) transfer switch in that area, but it's the other one that you are looking for.

Attachments

• 100_0948 (Small).JPG
    100_0948 (Small).JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 33
Just Lou,
I don't have ducted a/c's, two stand alone's run by a 7.0 kw Onan.  The rear a/c is connected directly to the 20amp breaker on the Onan.  I can only run one at a time hooked to shore power.  I do not have a breaker box that looks like yours.  I took panel out of the cabinet and looked behind it and could not see any type of relay box or such.  I will keep looking.

[quote author=TPDINAZ ]
JI do not have a breaker box that looks like yours.  I took panel out of the cabinet and looked behind it and could not see any type of relay box or such.  I will keep looking.
[/quote]

Are you able to trace the wire that feeds the main 30amp breaker?  It should come from the TX switch.

Follow your shore power cord or your genny output cable or from your 120 pwr panel follow the main cable, these will terminate at your transfer switch. It is really pretty simple. If you are unable to do this simple chore, please take it to an RV repair shop before your hurt yourself.

Kevin

Happy Prospector:

Gee Kevin thanks a lot for your confidence.  I really am not that bad. 

Thanks to all who responded.  I did trace the wiring and found the transfer switch to be attached to the back of the breaker box.  It is sealed within.  After more checking I found that you can drill out the rivets remove the switch and replace it.  That is what I'm going to do.  You all have been a great help and I appreciate your time and effort.

Tim

Tim,

Lou has it right. It's behind the circuit breaker panel. Remove the four screws in the rear most panel over the dinette. Then look in the tin box behind the breakers.

Richard
95 Bounder

Back
Top Bottom