1971 John Deere Prowler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampthing

Hi All, new to this forum and Rv'ing! But having a lot of fun getting started! I was given a 1971 Prowler, in fairly good shape, a couple of leak spots inside, refridgerator does not work but everything else is good!

Hope to have alot of fun in it!

Swampthing

oh thank goodness for you. I just got a 1975 wilderness and the power works. that about all I can tell you...lol lots of folks on here have the giant RV", but I'm thinking most had to start out modest. Any who I will be seeing you around.

So long as the chasis is sound, the rest is just time concuming, and a bit pricey if you dont want to wait :) But, i think its much more fun resurrecting something to be proud of! :) This will be a one of a kind thats for sure! Feel free to waive if you see the John  Deere Prowler rolling by, hopefully still hitched :)

Hope the fridge can be repaired. A new one costs more than the trailer is worth. Or is this a old motorhome? The only Prowler brand I've heard of is trailer by Fleetwood.

It is an 18ft pull behind, however, when i picked it up it was primered on the outside. So, my 13 yr old, 15 now, decided we needed to paint it. Since perception is everything to a teen boy...at least thats how i remember it :)...I let him decide the paint scheme. He wanted to camo it like the boat, which cost alot, so i had him talked into going green with a camo stripe around the middle. He was painting the drop step with some John Deere green spray paint i had and decided he liked that color of green for the trailer, which transpired into the yellow stripe, instead of the camo stripe, along with John Deere Curtains, John Deere emblems, stickers, etc, including a clock that blows a different John Deere tractor sound every hour on the hour. Yep, its a one of a kind, but we like it and thats what counts :)

As for the fridge, one of these days I will get a new one......well, a new used one....for the right price...since the trailer didnt cost a dime, im hoping a used fridge cant be much more! :)

okay, I'm like very new and know very little about campers. I just know if I post my idea someone who knows what their talking about will say if this will work. I was thinking you could put a dorm size refrigerator. Okay lets see what response's we get. take care.

You can use a office or apartment size electric refrigerator in an RV - you merely lose the ability to run it on propane if no shore power is available. You could even add an inverter to power it if you have room for sufficient batteries.

You can also find dual voltage 12/120 from marine outlets.  Some of the liquidators probably have some in stock.  They do not draw a lot of power.

scsteph said:
okay, I'm like very new and know very little about campers. I just know if I post my idea someone who knows what their talking about will say if this will work. I was thinking you could put a dorm size refrigerator. Okay lets see what response's we get. take care.

Yes you can, I used one for years in my old 1976 class c, when I didn't have shore power I used my ice chest.
Ice chest? I never leave home without one, no matter what RV I have I must have an ice chest. Soda, beer, and water is so much colder on ice. It's the last piece of "real" camping that I have left.
J

Never thought about the little fridges, but i like the idea! I think they make coolers that run from 12v too....thanx for the ideas! And yes, I will get some pics posted soon!

A belated welcome! As you've seen, people do respond here. There are diesel and gas mh fans here and those that prefer pull-alongs and someone likes every model ever produced. So, when you have a question, ask away.

We also have a live chat every Wed nt at 7pm Mountain named the Virtual Campfire [see the top right of this page.] Come join us!

Hi there! Welcome to the forum! I am new myself, just got a 1976 Prowler, but mine doesn't have the John Deere theme. It just has the nice retro theme. Avocado green awesomeness!! haha! I look forward to seeing pics of your progress!

Back
Top Bottom