1987 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Radiator Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simplysss

After starting my RV today for the first time in over a year, It started leaking antifreeze at the bottom of the radiator.  Any suggestions? and how hard is it to remove so I can take it to get repairs?

Thanks
Corey

Thanks for the info. I am going to look deeper into it tomorrow.  I have searched for radiators on the web just in case and have found some from anywhere from $300 to $1200 dollars.  Wide range.  I was just surprised, I drove it into town no problem then went out a few hours later and started it and it started leaking.  Hoping it is just a hose or something. If not then I will just have to take out and find what it is.

I ended up pulling my radiator out the front when I needed one. I had it recored for $800 because it was brass and copper and all the nightmare stories I found online about aftermarket rad's fitting wrong and not having enough core thickness. It can be done with moderate skills, it does seem to be in a black hole. I saved $1200 doing it myself. Seriously consider new water pump and definitely replace belts and hoses while in there.

Bill

Can you see where it is leaking from?

From a quick web search it looks like $300 would get you an aluminum and plastic replacement. I like metal stuff that is repairable so I'd probably opt for a higher grade unit.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking1957
Back
Top Bottom