1993 Prowler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mg_sc said:
I fee like this may be a dumb question but I'm gonna ask it anyways, to look for the black tank would I look under the trailer and literally look for a black tank and grey tank? Or would they be labeled??

Look under the toilet area. It won't necessarily be black. I have 4 tanks and they are all black. On some RV's the fresh water tank is white.

I have the same year Prowler but it is a 30ft with a slide so many things will be different. However, on mine the Black tank (it is actually black) sits pretty much directly under the toilet and the drain for the black tank is on the drivers side. The tank sits between the main I beams and is held up with metal L frame members .  The fresh water tank is white and sits in a storage compartment above the black tank. The grey water (also black in color) tank sits to the rear of the black tank and on my trailer there are two of them one for the bathroom near the front and one for the kitchen in the rear of the trailer.

BTW I use a gooseneck adapter (Cody Adapter) but it is not welded on, it is bolted on.  I've never seen one that required welding on.

"Black" and "grey"  refer to the tank contents, black water from the toilet and grey water from the other drains.  The tanks themselves are most likely made from black plastic and may even be the same size and shape.

NMDriver said:
The tank sits between the main I beams and is held up with metal L frame members .  The fresh water tank is white and sits in a storage compartment above the black tank. The grey water (also black in color) tank sits to the rear of the black tank and on my trailer there are two of them one for the bathroom near the front and one for the kitchen in the rear of the trailer.

BTW I use a gooseneck adapter (Cody Adapter) but it is not welded on, it is bolted on.  I've never seen one that required welding on.

Thanks NMDriver I'll look for those!
The adapter we bought was supposed to be bolted on but we didn't have time to find the right bolts and Had a restricted timeframe to work with

Lou Schneider said:
The aluminum box looks like it's your converter.  It's separate from the circuit breaker and fuse panel you showed in an earlier picture.  Most but not all RVs combine these into a single unit with the circuit breaker panel on top of the converter, yours happens to be seperate.

Can you find a nameplate showing the converter's make and model?

I finally snapped a picture of it

I managed to hook up the battery they had in it and right away the water pump started running.

Attachments

• IMG_8352.jpg
    IMG_8352.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8350.JPG
    IMG_8350.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8349.JPG
    IMG_8349.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom