1993 Winnebago Vecrta Battery Charger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kim

Can anyone tell me where the battery charger in our new ,old, 1993 Winnie Vecrta is? Or what is charging the house batteries? Is it the switch? Everything works great, but wondering how? Thanks Kim in Bisbee Arizona....We LOVE the interior of this thing, hate the 454...

Hey Kim - welcome aboard!!

Don't like the big block 454?  Time to upgrade to a 42' Tour or Ellipse  ;D  Sorry don't have a clue about your battery charger.

This is strictly a guess, but it is better than even chance that it is built into an integrated AC/DC power center, i.e. where the circuit breakers are. Many RVs of that era used a Magnetek 6300 power center, where everything is in one box - circuit breakers, fuses and battery charger.

And like many nice coaches of that era, your Vectra is probably just too much for that Chevy chassis, 454 engine and 4 speed transmission.  Chassis improved considerable over the nextseveral years and a late 90's 454 did quite nicely, but in the early 90's the demands of the coach builders were way ahead of the chassis available to them.

Thanks all...This is our first Class A. Trailer people for past 30 years.  I think we bought too old of a Vectra. 59000 on it,, very clean and the interior is very beautiful on these. Retirement in one year! Probable up grade by then  I appreciate all the help. Kim

Relax and get some experience under your belt. Then you can decide to change motorhomes or maybe upgrade what you have with some aftermarket add-ons.  Or maybe it is just fine as is.

Kim said:
I think we bought too old of a Vectra. 59000 on it, .....

We have a 1993 Itasca Suncruiser with 129,000+ miles on it and have had to do very few repairs on it, nothing major at all. If the first 59,000 miles on your Vectra were well maintained and you continue regular maintenance, you should be good for many, many more miles.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom