1998 Mountain Aire 37' Class A Motorhome - Replacing the Roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clyde 'Buck' Grimes

We decided to replace the roof on our motorhome. In areas it has wood underneath that is pretty much gone! We got a leak at our main AC and I found the wood was pretty much non-existent under one of the bolts (about 1 foot by 1 foot area). Figure there are other areas too!

Thought about replacing it myself, but it is just too big a job for me. So, I am looking for someone in the Burleson, Tx area that replaces motorhome roofs. So far, the local RV services I found online says they are months behind.

Any suggestions of companies or persons that replace motorhome roofs? Would travel a bit to get it done right!

You might get lucky if it only leaked around the A/C. If there are water stains on the walls or soft spots in the floor you probably have rot there too. Unlike a conventional house water damage in an RV is like terminal cancer and way more expensive to fix.

You might get lucky if it only leaked around the A/C. If there are water stains on the walls or soft spots in the floor you probably have rot there too. Unlike a conventional house water damage in an RV is like terminal cancer and way more expensive to fix.
All of the stains are near the AC, so I think its local. There are other soft spots on the roof though, so there will be other areas where the wood will have to be replaced. I slitted the rubber roof and worked aluminum sheets over the hole the glued and caulked it like crazy. This will work for now!

Thank you for your reponse!

Several years ago I had rvroof.com spray my roof...not because the membrane was bad, but because I had a bad perimeter leak and needed both to seal it and to add structure.
Anyway...for reference...at the time, the cost was comparable to replacing the roof membrane

I am extremely happy with the decision. It added insulation value, the rig is cooler in the summer, the rig is quieter on the road, no caulking, I opted for them to spray over the shower skylight so no more worries about hail or tree branches.

I went back a few months ago because I had added solar mounts and replaced the TV antenna, and they resprayed those areas.

It's the way to go in my opinion, and they have several franchise locations in TX now. Mine was done at the original location in FL by the owner, which happens to be near my home.

Back
Top Bottom