1999 Pace Arrow Vision Water Heater Bypass valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elee325

Okay Gents,

I searched the Google to no avail. Can any Pace Arrow owners out there tell me where the Water Heater Bypass Valve (HBV) is located?  There is a compartment that has a by-pass valve (possibly the HBV?) right beside the city water fill hose connection, Grey and Black water drain valves, and the outside faucet.  Yes, I purchased the 99 Pace Arrow with a missing manuals.  tks, :(

Locate the water heater from the outside.  Then look inside in the same area.  The bypass valve will be accessable from the inside on near where the hot and cold water connections are on the water heater.

Look under the kitchen sink along the side wall nearest the water heater.

Once you see the cold water in andhot water out line on the back of the hot water tank you should also see the bypass valves.  There is a chance that they may not have ever been installed.

We have a 98 Pace Arrow Vision 36B and the water heater bypass valve is at the bottom of the closet in the bedroom.

Fleetwood evidently locates them all over the place. On my 93 Pace Arrow the bypass valve is located in the rear compartment on the passenger side along with the fresh water tank, water pump, cold water drain and hot water drain. My outside sink with spray head is also located in this compartment.

Woody

What does the hot water bypass valve do ? Will it hinder me from filling the fresh water tank ? Ive been trying to fill fresh water tank and when i attach supply hose no water goes into the tank . Water floods bathroom and lower storage compartment by the hot water tank .

Where is the water coming from in the bathroom? Is it a cracked pipe or fitting?
I don't know I'm hoping it's a cracked pipe . I just found this bypass/normal valve after i removed the drawer under the bathroom sink . The valve was positioned in the bypass position . Would that rule out the HW tank ?

Can you post a picture of the back side of the water heater?
The bypass valve has nothing to do with filling the FW tank. there are two ways to fill a tank.
1st. Through the gravity fill port/pipe.
2nd. If you have this option, you may have a valve labeled Normal and tank fill. With the garden hose hooked up to the RV, just position that valve to tank fill and the tank will fill. Just remember to position that valve to normal after the tank is full. Not all rv’s have this option and if it does, it may be labeled a little different.

Last edited:
Can you post a picture of the back side of the water heater?
The bypass valve has nothing to do with filling the FW tank. there are two ways to fill a tank.
1st. Through the gravity fill port/pipe.
2nd. If you have this option, you may have a valve labeled Normal and tank fill. With the garden hose hooked up to the RV, just position that valve to tank fill and the tank will fill. Just remember to position that valve to normal after the tank is full. Not all rv’s have this option and if it does, it may be labeled a little different.
Here's the pics sorry to take so long to get back to you. I appreciate all the help you can give me

Attachments

• 20210715_101720.jpg
    20210715_101720.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210715_101710.jpg
    20210715_101710.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210715_101703.jpg
    20210715_101703.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210714_215720.jpg
    20210714_215720.jpg