1999 tradewinds diesel pusher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wiry

I am new to pushers and I want to know what the hydraulic tank is for that is attached to the right side of the radiator looking at it from the back of the coach.

Wellll,,,there are pushers and then pushers, it sounds like you have a CAT engine with the rear radiator, are you sure its a hydraulic can or an overflow for the rad??>>>Dan

Gary RV Roamer said:
On my coach the hydraulic unit powers the variable speed fan (it's a side radiator model) and also provides power steering.

Ditto

Or..if you have a rear radiator the tank is for the power steering and perhaps, if you have it, the Hydromax brake booster. Only put ATF in it.

Wiry said:
I am new to pushers and I want to know what the hydraulic tank is for that is attached to the right side of the radiator looking at it from the back of the coach.

I suspect that you have a Freightliner chassis and if so check with Freightliner to be sure.  In my FL chassis that System requires hydraulic oil and NOT ATF!

In my FL chassis that System requires hydraulic oil and NOT ATF!

Well, ATF is a hydraulic fluid, but those fluids come in a variety of viscosities and types.  Some Freightliners use Dexron III ATF, but others may have a different fluid spec. Best to call FCCC customer service and ask. However, the common AW32 hydraulic fluid has essentially the same hydraulic properties as Dexron III.

www.freightlinerchassis.com/contact-us/

You can download a current Chassis Maintenance Manual from the FCCC website at http://www.fcccrv.com/parts-and-service/chassis-maintenance/#panel-CM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom