1999 Winnebago Vectra Grand Tour - Allison 4 speed transmission question....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:)) :))

Glad this story has a happy ending, your learning experience will continue as you put more miles on your unit. We run 65 mph on flat ground about 99.99% of the time - it's the sweet spot for the Cummins ISL engine (1800 rpm.)

You might find 55 or 60 mph provides a good balance between making miles and fuel economy. We always prefer to be at least 5 mph under the average traffic speed so that vehicles are almost always passing us. Much less stressful.

Hey everyone! Sorry for a delayed response, just got back a couple of weeks ago and had to go back to work :( ! All went well with the transmission and tires, both performed as they should. Had a major roof issue, was hit by some straight line winds in west TX (near Ft Stockton, I'm thinking it was a micro burst) that peeled our passenger side roof edge up, nose to tail, that required a "temporary" fix to get us through the vacation. I have it back at our preferred shop now in AZ, waiting for repairs. Also, kind of a freak accident where my driver side front tire quarter panel snapped in half (see pic) just outside of Benson AZ, apparently a good gust of wind got behind it and tested its strength (or lack there of), so if anyone knows of a 99 Winnebago Vectra push up daisies anywhere, please let me know as I am in need of a new fender! Other than that, and a few things that worked when we left, but because of some of the states deplorable road conditions that rattled my coach, do not work anymore, it was a really good trip! I learned quite a few things on this trip that when I reflect back to my other motorhome (1988 Coachman Classic), I see what I did wrong the last time. Thanks again for all of your help, tips and insight, I look forward to more vacationing in this MH, and talking with great people like yourselves for long into the future! :)

Attachments

• front qtr panel sm.jpg
    front qtr panel sm.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 99 Vectra sm.jpg
    99 Vectra sm.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for the update  :)) . There's RV salvage yards that could have your part, check the forum library or search here. Winnebago attaches some of those fiberglass panels with double sided tape, no wonder yours blew off  ::). We know firsthand about the winds on I-10, we've been on that stretch of Interstate too many times to count.

Your roof to sidewall joint needs to be inspected once a year at the very least. Neglect keeping that sealant intact and the roof skin will peel out of the aluminum extrusion - we get reports of that happening every so often here in the Winnebago board.

Watch Ron's video here - it is critical to keep your roof on and you happy with Winnebago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJz7doxPQXg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom