2 bathrooms - opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May also need to consider the added weight of the 2 baths floorplan  - especially on rear axle if there's no tag axle  - and more yet if it has washer dryer in rear ..... may not have as much CCC as you want.

Let me put it this way: "2 Holes, No waiting" and "When gotta go..and the other person is "On the throne" that 2nd hole is ...Fantastic.

And yes,the half makes a good ham shack.

In my case, the decision was easy. My wife said " it is the 1 1/2 bath or continue to travel in Hotels and Motels ". That did it. And we are very happy with the decision. :)

My wife said " it is the 1 1/2 bath or continue to travel in Hotels and Motels ".

Curious, since very few motels rooms have more than one bath. But if Mama ain't happy...ain't NOBODY happy!

There are three of us here in Trenton, ME, with 40 ft coaches. One has a 1 1/2 bath and would not be without it. It was a "must have" for them. The other two chose a single bath to use the space for other things. Like Ardra, we actually removed a second vanity sink to make room for a large storage closet instead.

[quote author=Gary RV Roamer] .... we actually removed a second vanity sink to make room for a large storage closet instead.[/quote]

When we shopped for our current RV, 'bath and a half' models either weren't available or were so rare we didn't see any. But we both felt we needed the extra vanity in the bedroom, and it became a must-have. It didn't take long to realize we don't use the second vanity. I removed the faucets and installed corian over the the sink to create a large shelf that gets used a lot. If the water heater wasn't below the sink, I'd have removed the sink and used the lower half of the vanity for storage.

Our coach has two vanities, but one has a sink and the other is just a counter with drawers underneath. We use both of them when getting ready for the day. I don't think the one without the sink would be any more useful if it had one in our cuurent configuration. A quick consult with my tour director informed me that two sinks is always better than one, but not at the expense of costing living space. As she always tell me, I can always use the kitchen sink. :)

"The other two chose a single bath to use the space for other things"
Since we are not fulltimers, we have more storage space than we really need.
So the 1 1/2 bath is not a problem for us. And we would not trade it for more space.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sue2La
Back
Top Bottom