2000-2001 Monaco signature or Beaver Marquis input needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DooDaaDame

We are currently looking at coaches in the 100,000-150,000 range. I am in love with the 2000-2001 Monaco Signature or Beaver Marquis, I am aware of the change of ownership issues but love the elegance and seeming sturdiness of these coaches. We are looking at getting the 400-500 diesel and 10,000-12,500 onan generator, we will be looking for one that can pull a lot of weight, (trailer).
I am searching the forums and have found a lot of great issues to watch ie, slide issues, de-lamination, stress cracks electrical problems, servicing issues.
What I need to know of is actual issues relating to these particular models from actual owners of said vehicles.
If you recommend other types of coaches, fine, but keep in mind the floor plan must not have two couches facing each other and must have a dining set, not dinette and LOTS of wardrobe storage as well as a heated-cooled basement and floor heating. Also it must be a minimum of 40'.
I could also use some input on the benefits/downside of the "Tag axle", it seems to be the only thing I can't find much input on....
We plan on buying from a recommended dealer or individual and actually taking the coach for a thorough test run before buying, and having the unit checked by a qualified tech before buying if the seller won't accept that, we will just keep looking...

Both the Signature and the Marquis are very nice coaches, and we've considered buying both models in the past. We have several friends who bought Sigs and were very happy with them, although both couples had some issues with their coaches and Monaco came through in each case. However, be advised that, although you could still take either of these coaches to one of the Monaco service centers for repairs, it would be on your dime.

The tag axle is a weight distribution function. In addition to allowing a greater gross vehicle weight rating and complying with a Federal weight limit of 20,000 lbs per axle, adjustment of the tag allows weight to be redistributed between the other two axles.

Over to someone who owns a Sig or Marquis....

I am going to add Foretravel to the list, I didn't know about them until reading more postings, they have a bench dinette, but it is quality tuck & roll type benches and their lay out and design is quite nice. They are also in my price range for the year we are looking at. Thank you for your explanation of the tag-axle Tom, and your support of my choices so far! i don't worry about out-of-pocket expenses, as with any used vehicle, there are upkeep and repairs, but with these models, I feel in the long run they will hold their value and give a better quality of life during our time of ownership.

We've been in lust with the Beaver Marquis for years. The build a gorgeous coach. Sigs are really nice too, but the Marquis always had an exquisite interior.

If you are shopping around for high end coaches, consider the American Coach line (Heritage, Eagle, Dream,Tradition). They too have the level of styling and amenities of the other coaches you  named.

Here is an example or two:
http://www.rvregistry.com/used-rv/140077.htm
http://www.rvhunter.com/page-20095.html

Check this site to compare coaches if nothing else.  http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/                      They have a large inventory of DP's.
J

Thanks so much for the heads up on American Coaches RV Roamer, They are going on the list!
We have a substantial down payment but will have to finance the greater part of the purchase price, can anyone recommend an RV financier that understands motor coaches, I'm afraid our local bank just doesn't get it...we found a very nice Beaver Marquis from a private seller so we need to find our own financing. We had planned on paying cash, but the sale of our home is still in the paperwork stage and our auction is later this Summer.....so of course we have to find the perfect coach now......no worries though, if it's meant to be, it will be.

Another brand to consider is Travel Supreme. It is an orphan now, but there are a lot of ex TS service and parts operations around. An '04 42' Select with 500 hp, 4 slides and a tag axle would probably cost about $150k or less and the build quality is up there with the American, Monaco and Beaver.

Essex Finance in Essex, CT has been financing motor homes for many years and is very competitive.

Here?s a couple of resources for Foretravel:

Foretravel of Texas (The factory) - http://www.foretraveloftexas.com/

Motorhome of Texas - http://motorhomesoftexas.com/

Both places are great to do business with and are located in Nacogdoches, TX. 

We bought our coach (U320), at Motorhomes of Texas preferring to get a good used one.  These guys made alot of modifications for us at our request, complete servicing and PDI and did an outstanding job.  We would of also bought at the factory if at the time, they had the floorplan we wanted for a used coach.  We had been looking at Bluebirds, Monoco, Beaver and Prevosts (used).  Foretravel has an outstanding reputation, very well made cabinetry & fit & finish, drove better than the others and...  the factory is 4 hours away from Austin, (that?s what tipped the scales for us, besides the retarder).  We service the coach annually at the factory. 

Next year, my sweetie retires and our home will be 40? with 6 wheels... 

I would sell my soul to own a Beaver Marquis. It doesn't get any better than that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom