2000 Adventurer Dinette Seatbelts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff Brown

I?m looking at purchasing a 2000 Adventurer 35U on a Ford V-10.  My son still travels in a car seat so we really need a forward facing seatbelt that isn?t the co-pilot.  In our current rig the dinette fills that bill but several of the 1999-2002 rigs we are looking at have dinettes that do not have seatbelts.  Does anyone know if the Adventurer has a seatbelt in that location?  If not, would it be possible to add an aftermarket seatbelt to an Adventurer of this vintage?  Is the under carriage where it would bolt down to metal or wood?  The guy selling this thing isn?t being as helpful as I would like but I really like the layout so I will probably find another Adventurer or an Itasca Sun Cruiser.

My wife really likes the colors of the Sun Cruiser; I would also like to verify that the color scheme is the only difference between the Sun Cruiser and the Adventurer.

Thanks everyone,
Jeff

jeffbrown said:
Does anyone know if the Adventurer has a seatbelt in that location? 
Accordding to the parts catalog for that model year, it does not; http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/wincd/2000/WINNIE00/0wfg35u.pdf. At least when comparing it to ours which does reference the seat belts for the dinette.

jeffbrown said:
If not, would it be possible to add an aftermarket seatbelt to an Adventurer of this vintage?  Is the under carriage where it would bolt down to metal or wood?
I remember reading about someone on this forum installing dinette seat belts previously so if you do a search on this forum you should come up with information on where to acquire the hardware. The link above for the parts manual may help you with installation location.

jeffbrown said:
My wife really likes the colors of the Sun Cruiser; I would also like to verify that the color scheme is the only difference between the Sun Cruiser and the Adventurer.
The available options on the Adventurer (Winnebago line) are generally standard on the Suncruiser (Itasca line) in addition to different paint and interior color schemes.

Good Luck,
Dar

The 2000 35U Adventurer/Suncruiser do not offer seatbelts for the dinnette and in fact are placarded against sitting in the dinnette while underway, why they did this I'm not sure as some other years do have belts at the dinnette. ???

kl

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom