2000 Itasca Suncruiser 32V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
saw the rv last night and really liked it.
only discolsed issues are a slight nick in the windshield and the water pump is not working in the coach
the buyer agreed to have the water pump fixed either before the sale or will deduct from the price
they are asking 44...what do you think is a valid offer?  I was thinking around 38 and not taking the campground ownerships

According to the NADA Guide (www.nadaguides.com) an 2001 Sunrise 35 footer has a range of $41k-$49.5.  I don't think that NADA reflects the current soft market, so I'd start at or below the bottom end.  If you tell him to keep the memberships and sell them separately, he ought to be willing to come down to your price.  Realistically the memberships are not worth more than about $3000 or so.

here we go again...when i went back today to test drive i found some delamination under the window on the driver side front.
I showed the owner and he agreed to have it taken to a shop for an estimate to repair the delaimination.
We agreed to the price of 40K and he will pay for the fix of the wall , if it's not too expensive.  I think while it is at the dealer I will pay to have the dealer check everything out before we close the deal.  sound reasonable?

The only 35' Sunrise I see in the NADA online guide is a 35C on a Workhorse chassis.  Low Retail is $35,370 and Average is $42,610.
Based on these numbers I would offer 10 to 15 percent less than Low Retail.

Don't get to anxious.  There are lot's of deals to be had, and the will only get better in the upcoming months.

randco is right about the base value of the 2001 Sunrise, but the very low mileage rates an increase in value of $5700-$6800, thus the higher numbers I quoted earlier. While we here generally recommend against adding anything to the NADA price for options, we do agree that low mileage on a gas chassis has extra value. I'd still want to be at the very low end, though, especially in this market. I think there are going to be MANYClassA's, including newer and higher end models, available for $40k or so this year.

I'm thinking of not going for this unit.  Even though i feel 40K is a decent deal for such low mileage, the delamination doesn't sit good with me.  The owners agreed to get it fixed, but who knows...another bubble might be right around the corner.

Zinkjo,
We just bought a 2001 Itasca Sunflyer 35U Ford V10 with 2 slides, 32000 miles about 3 months ago. I paid $45K which is in very GC. We were going to trade in our 04 Allegro 31 foot, but they won't give me a decent trade. Now, our Allegro is for sale.
I beleived the Suncruiser is very similar as the Sunflyer. We enjoyed ours very much. The last owner purchased all the options Itasca had to offer up to 7KW Onan, leather interior and all the works.
Good luck on your hunt.
Artstang

Do I understand that correctly, that you went from an 04 Allegro to an 01 Sunflyer?  It's not too often that new is traded for old.  ;)

zinkjo,
You should look at Allegroart's coach as I suggested earlier - I'll bet you could make a deal for close to what you are talking about spending and you would get a 2004 with low miles and (presumably) no warts. You are going to find warts on older coaches (though not necessarily delam) and I can see that is making you nervous.

I don't know Allegroart or have anything monetary interest in his coach - just think it is a good match for what you are looking for.

I'm sorry about advertizing here, but I couldn't help to mention to someone looking for an RV. I know it is hard decesion which one you are going to buy. I have owned two Tiffin Allegro before and they are very well-built in my opinion. The only reason we are changing to different make and model was to have the side mirrors mounted to the sides, rather than at the front of the coach. I beleived, Winnebagos and few others have this design. Other than that Tiffin is an excellent make. Here is the web link to my ad http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail3216644.htm if you want to view it. It is been in storage at the NAS Jax which is very secured facility. I hate to keep paying $50/mo storage fee and insurance. It will probably show up in eBay soon. The price is of course negotiable.
Thanks for the interest in advance.
Allegroart
01 Itasca
04 Allegro Open Road (for sale)
06 Sport track 4x4 toad

It's a nice looking coach...has everything i'm looking for, but 2 problems
1) I'm in NJ
2) I'm looking in the 40K range

dealer in PA just got in a 1999 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35K with 18,000 miles.
He is looking for 39,500, but I'm guessing i could get him down a bit.  How does fleetwood compare to Winnebago/Itasca?  To this point I've pretty much been focusing on Winnie's

zinkjo said:
dealer in PA just got in a 1999 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35K with 18,000 miles.
He is looking for 39,500, but I'm guessing i could get him down a bit.  How does fleetwood compare to Winnebago/Itasca?  To this point I've pretty much been focusing on Winnie's

Probably way above the Itaska in my opinion.

he sent me some pics and I don't like the looks of the interior.  looks in decent shape, but the color is a shade of purple.

here are 2 that a dealer in my area has:
1999 Winnebago Adventure diesel -- 49K miles
http://www.campingworld.com/rvsales/class-a-diesel/1999/winnebago-adventure/1628433/

2000 Fleetwood Bounder -- not sure how many miles
http://www.campingworld.com/rvsales/class-a-gas/2000/fleetwood-bounder/1474196/

1999 SouthWind Southwind -- 23K miles
http://www.campingworld.com/rvsales/class-a-gas/1999/southwind-southwind/1474203/

Any thoughts on comparing the 3?

I believe I would go with the Winnie.
My opinion... I think it's a better product.

Back
Top Bottom