2001 R-Vision 242 on Workhorse p32 chassis loss of rear running lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iamjohngalt

Hello all, first post here, looking to solve an issue in a recently purchased 2001 R-Vision Trail Lite 242 on the Workhorse P-32 chassis with the 8.1L gasser.
My motorhome has 5 front running lights and 5 rear running light on the coach. I used the wire for the rear running lights to power a back up camera. On a recent trip to Florida the camera and rear running lights went out, but the front lights are working normally. My coach has an ICC switch but inspection shows only a single wire coming from it. I have checked all fuses in the 2 fuse box locations and all seem to be working fine. All other lights are working normally (brake,turn,reverse).
Has anyone encountered and solved a similar issue? The timing of installing the back up camera and then loosing lights makes me think there’s some fuse location im overlooking.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Fuse, or maybe junction/splice. So all the running lights back there are out, or just the top cap ones? My P32 Itasca has three fuse blocks. One near the instrument panel, one on the firewall to the left of the brake pedal and one opposite that on the engine side of the firewall. The ICC switch might be just toggling a relay (single wire to ground). Yours isn't a winnebago but maybe the wiring diagram for a similar model might show enough of the P32 chassis wiring to give you a clue how the rear lighting is powered.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

the back of the coach is totally dark, so no running lights anywhere. Partial or full wiring diagram would be helpful, so I could verify where the icc circuit branches to feed front and rear and then trace the line from that point back to find my issue.
Is it normal for the front and rear running lights to be isolated on different fuses or would a fuse failure normally mean failure of both front and rear lights?

There is a plug at the rear of the coach where it transitions from the chassis supplied harness to the coach builder supplied harness and I don’t believe I have power to the running lights at that plug.

I don't have the ICC switch on mine so can't offer specific guidance but if you've tracked it to the chassis plug, then you might be able to transition to available chassis documentation for the P32.

I looked through the WCC chassis manual I have and there's nothing shown for an ICC switch, so it could be something added by the body builder. It does show that the brake light side of things is through the STOP/HAZ fuse and the turn/running lights through the TURN B/U fuse. Since the front run and turn lights work, I'm guessing the fuse is not it so you're hunting for wherever the builder intercepted the rear harness to switch them independent of the stock chassis controls.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

1710521788452.png
1710521978890.png

Is it normal for the front and rear running lights to be isolated on different fuses or would a fuse failure normally mean failure of both front and rear lights?
I'm not sure that there is any normal that crosses from one coach builder to another. My Gorgie Boy class A did have a separate circuit for just the running lights that included the top lights at each end and the side markers. The parking and tail lights were not on that circuit. But it didn't come with any ICC switch either. With an RV that is now 20+ years old, there is a distinct possibility that the circuits have been modified.

For the time being, I spliced a new wire into the one coming off the ICC switch and ran it back to the coach harness to feed the running lights circuit in the rear. I put an in line fuse in (5 amp) to protect the circuit, and everything is working as it should.

Different GM style chassis Workhorse, but I found I had like 3 fuses one from Front marker/running one for rear and one for tail Guess a blown fuse... Took me a while to figure out what was blowing mine (A poorly designed LED lamp)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom