2003 alpha see ya thermostate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hclemmons

HI new to this forum and need help I have a 2003 alpha seeya 40' I was in Julian CA. for new years snowing 12:15 am 33 degrees the heater kept shutting down so I pulled the cover off the thermostat and a whole lot of little brass pins fell out needless to say my wife and kids were very cold the rest of the night HAPPY NEW YEAR right. my friend in the next sight came over in the morn and said no problem we can fix that with a jumper wire well we fixed it all right it cam on for 5 seconds and then the wire grounded and some sparks came out were the wire was touching and now I have no water pump , fridge , meter for levels, water heater and striker for stove my question is does anybody know were to find the fuse that blew. by the way the fuse in the thermostat is fine I also checked all my breakers. any help would be great :-[

Do you have any 12v components working at all? You are talking about multiple circuits with multiple fuses.

The DC fuses in my Alfa 38 (see siggy) are in the front clothes closet  inside roof and mounted behind a cover that looks like a drawer front.

Hi Mike
yes all my lights work the strange thing is the LP detector is also out and the other one below it by the floor is working inverter is working turn the gen on and nothing changes I know what your saying about a lot of circuits and fuses but it must have a main one because it all went right when the spark came out. if that makes any sense.

Hi Alfa38user I have a 40' pusher mine are below the oven behind a door and I checked all they seem to be fine THANK YOU

I'm a little late, fuses above the driver seat overhead left wall and under the dash pad on the left side. dash tilts up to access. Thermostat is 12v, $150.00.

do you have any other ideas what it could be I have checked all and seem to be good I got the new thermostat just no power to run it
Thank you DennisK

Make and model of thermostat?? Are you sure you have an RV thermostat (12V operation)? Make and model of the old one??

:) :) :) Thanks to everyone who helped me I got it fixed I lifted the dash again and just started pulling and replacing fuses and all of a sudden everything came back to life what a relief thanks again everybody.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damusicduo
Back
Top Bottom