2007 Itasca Kwikee steps - ignition overide not working ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha! I was assumming Kiwi was a misrepresentation for Kwikee. I sse that Jayco does make a Kiwi towable. So I think we really need some more specific info on the RV and the steps that are installed.

0ops! Sorry new at this! 2007 winnibago atasca Winnebago Itasca 34 ft. Kwikee power steps series 32 i believe. Has ignition over ride. Lippert support trouble shooting does not show inline (fuse/diode)? and connecting ground wire with the ignition yellow wire in the four wire harness.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same steps, same issue. I have troubleshot everything down to no power issues. Getting power from the ignition with ignition on. I called Lippert for help - decided it is the controller. Need to get a spare.

Thanks but i am not getting power from yellow wire because there is a(fuse/ diode)? do not know what it is in a short 4 wire plug in conector in the wire harness that has failed

The Kwikee Products Service Training Manual help identify your step model in the first half; the second half concerns diagnosing, testing and repairing all models.

This Vimeo shows how to test Kwikee steps.
The ground connections (2) are very important, the controller activates the steps by switching the ground on/off. This means the steps are always "hot", and making a slip can result is losing a finger or mashing a hand.

Have you downloaded your wiring diagrams? Also Winnebago Owner Relations can provide very good troubleshooting assistance.
Have downloaded wiring diagrams, do not show part i need. Winnebago parts say it is obsolete and not available. waiting to hear back from Lippert components. thank you for info

The inline part you found bad was an after the fact add on. I used to have a p/n for it, will have to search my files and see.

OK, open the PDF attached, it is a saved copy of a post on the View/Navion forum from several years ago, has some info and part numbers. When you click on the PDF it will download automatically and appears (on my computer) in the bottom left of the screen for you to click to open.

Charles

Attachments

• Kwikee step wiring info.pdf
    84.5 KB · Views: 14
The inline part you found bad was an after the fact add on. I used to have a p/n for it, will have to search my files and see.

OK, open the PDF attached, it is a saved copy of a post on the View/Navion forum from several years ago, has some info and part numbers. When you click on the PDF it will download automatically and appears (on my computer) in the bottom left of the screen for you to click to open.

Charles
That is a very interesting document. I'll have to inspect my installation more closely.

Definitely not my issue. I connected a good 12v battery to the yellow ignition wire at the controller - no action.
I'm glad you found your issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeegal
Back
Top Bottom