2007 Southeast Fall Rally in Mobile, AL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We also carry our propane fireplace everywhere we go and I was going to use that.  We LIKE campfires and I usually only schedule rallies at places that have fire rings, but Wales West sounded like such a neat place I made an exception. Glad to hear we will have at least two bring-your-own fire pits.

Now, can anybody bring some wood as well???  Ya never know about firewood availability locally, so all contributions will be welcome.

Code:
I usually only schedule rallies at places that have fire rings, but Wales West sounded like such a neat place I made an exception

I'm glad you did.  It does sound like a really neat place.  I enjoy a campfire a lot.  But it's something one can do without for a few days for framily.  Because of the Ash Borer Beetle, we can not take wood out Michigan.  So we will try to gather some along the way.

Barb

Great, Jim. I know you probably can't carry a several day supply, but every bit helps.

By the way, everybody, as hosts Nancy & I always prepare a dinner one night. Sort of a tradition with us.  Probably Monday evening, though I haven't checked with the boss yet on menu or timing. We will provide the main meal and perhaps a few of you could provide a salad and dessert for everybody. Bring your own drinks, place settings, etc.

Another tradition at the Southeast Rally is that the men cook breakfast one morning. Maybe Tuesday the 30th. We will need a bunch of eggs, bacon and sausage and some volunteer cooks. Two of my regular cooks, Dave Reavis and Dave Derway, won't be attending this time, so I hope a few of you have some rudimentary camp cooking skills. Ray Baginski is master of the scrambled eggs and I usually do pancakes, but we need some fry cooks for the bacon and sausage and some helpers to fetch and carry. Probably need an additional grill and an electric skillet or griddle too.

Then there will be the usual happy hour(s) every day around 4 pm, giving everybody their chance to display their latest hors d'oeuvre concoctions. More on this stuff when I have a chance.

Joel, have you used that new grill yet?  If so, how do you like it.  It looks to be exactly right for carrying in the MH.

lou

OnaQwest said:
Joel, have you used that new grill yet?  If so, how do you like it.  It looks to be exactly right for carrying in the MH.

lou

Once.  OK.  Not as good as the Weber Baby Q but much easier to carry.

Joel

Dang, too far for an easy couple days off for us.  Maybe next time a little closer in for us working folk.

Have a great time! 

Your problem, Bill, is that south Florida is too far from everywhere else in the USA Had the same problem when we lived in Boca Raton (even further south). Takes a full day just to drive out of Florida when heading north and two days if headed west. I'd have to hold a rally at my place in Ocala to be conveniently close for you!  ;)  We did have one at Suwanee Hideaway near Old Town a couple years ago, but that's a long haul south for everybody else.

gary:

I used to describe Seattle as 1500 miles from the edge of anywhere. ;D

A question for Gary aka RVroamer

Have you a feel for the number of attendees so far. The interest seems to be great.

With 1533 views so far, maybe we can set a 'Guinness record". :)

carson FL, Nature Coast; Home of the Trichechus Manatus. (No mosquitos here, only butterflies) ;D

10 rigs... as of 10/25/2007

Gary & Nancy Brinck
Frank & Barb
Joel & Camille Myers
Ned & Lorna Reiter
Jim & Tarry Johnson
Werner & Carol Carstensen (aka carson)
Karl Kolbus
Ray & Ladonna Baginski
Jim & Pat Dick
Tim & Marsha Lassen

Latest posts