2007 Winnebago View Onan generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Majazz2k

My Cummings Onan 3.6 propane generator will not start. I called Cummins and they said it could be vapor lock. I shoved a glove into air filter cavity and it started for 2-3 seconds. Now it just cranks and cranks. Spark is good and I did smell propane.

Majazz,
Go find a friendly local small engine shop. Onan engines are used lots of places and many are commercial and construction and the owners can't have them down for long....
Matt_C

I had a '07 View with the 3600 LP generator and never had any issues with it.

I have never heard of an LP generator vapor locking, I don't think that is possible.

I would suggest that you check the gas pressure from the regulator. Most likely this is OK if you are not having any issues with the fridge on LP or the stove. I think there is a choke on that engine. My 2500LP does and it has caused problems. If the choke is not closing (spring pressure pulls it closed) it either won't start or is difficult to start. I had to increase the spring tension on the choke to get it fully closed tight, and then it started right up. A vacuum dashpot pulls it open once the engine starts.

See this video for what I did to the choke and spring.

If you have not, I highly suggest you joining the Winnebago View Group on Groups.io

Basic discussion group. [email protected] | Topics

Modifications discussion group [email protected] | Topics

Technical discussions group [email protected] | Topics

You have to join all three groups separately. Be sure and DO NOT select email notifications, as you will quickly get covered up with emails notifying you of each post or thread. This is the same group that was started on Yahoo Groups about 2007 and was moved here, porting ALL of the discussions from the beginning, when Yahoo closed their groups down.

Look in this brochure for the nearest Cummins service facility near you. Coach Care facilities are best as they know the RV generators very well.

Cummins RV Dealer Directory

Charles

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom