2008 Gulf Stream Yellowstone Model 8390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JHanson907

We are interested in moving up from our 1995 Winnebago Luxor 37' Class A.  Currently we are very interested in a 2008 Gulf Stream Yellowstone Model 8390, 40' Class A.  Can anyone provide any information or feedback on this RV, either good or bad?  Thank you for help.  ???

Some people say Gulf Stream does not make a great coach.  I live in a 2005 Gulf Stream Independence.  I'm happy with it.  It's not a Prevost, but I knew that when I bought it.  If you like the floor plan, everything else is moot.  Maintenance, repairs, parts, labor... you're going to have all that no matter what.  Get what you like.

8)Thank you for note.  We are looking at one in Florida, but, like you, we do still like our current coach very much.  Sort of smitten w/ the idea of something newer!

We have a 1999 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager, the biggest draw being that my wife fell in love with the floor plan.  We were told about that "great Amish craftsmanship" which sounds better than it is. When ours was the same age as the one MH you are considering, everything was fine. Now that it is a few years older, ALL the fabrics are nearly threadbare and we are looking at either recovering or replacing all the furniture.  Fuses are scattered all over the place, so when anything electrical fails, finding the proper fuse can be an adventure.

The chassis is Ford, so chassis reliability has been like like any Ford truck, very few problems and those were easily fixed.  I realize you are looking at a diesel, but remember the chassis and the coach are separate entities with different issues.

Would I buy Gulf Stream again?  Probably not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom