2008 niagara fleetwood with a Coleman mach 9330e715

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicastebbins90

The ac will come on and run for 30min to hr then trip breaker. We replaced the run capacitor. Well now it almost acts like it has a thermostat it comes on and then shuts off awhile and then randomly come on eventually it trips breaker. When do I need to do to fix this.

The ac will come on and run for 30min to hr then trip breaker. We replaced the run capacitor. Well now it almost acts like it has a thermostat it comes on and then shuts off awhile and then randomly come on eventually it trips breaker. When do I need to do to fix
Short the thermostat and if it still short cycles the problem is likely dirty evap coils, low freon or overheating compressor. Eliminate the simplest and work to the more serious.

Well now it almost acts like it has a thermostat it comes on and then shuts off awhile and then randomly come on eventually it trips breaker.
Even if your air conditioner does not have a thermostat on the wall that controls it, there is still one in the local control center as part of the temperature control knob assembly. Thus it is possible that the compressor is cycling as it should or by the thermostat. It is also possible that the motor has an overtemperature device that resets when the motor cools off. If the circuit breaker is tripping, that is an indication that your air conditioner is drawing too much current. You would need a clamp-on amp meter to verify that. If you do not have a volt/ohm meter you can replace a lot of parts in trying to find one that will solve the problem.

Ok so I have replaced all capacitors at this point now it runs 20 mins max turns off but can hear a humming noise. Then trips breaker will not come back on after flipping breaker I had to wait about 30 min I am assuming for cool down I didn’t get back on roof to check exactly what was hot. But I timed again once it came back on it once again 20 min and same thing. Humming I’m loosing my mind with this ac what should I check next

Could be a lot of things, but assuming you've cleaned the evap coils, it's likely, but certainly not limited to, you're either low on freon or the compressor is struggling/weak and overheating.

what are you using for a power source ?

if the humming noise is coming from the ac unit, it can only be either the fan motor or the compressor. probably good to get up on roof and identify the hum after shut down.

if your condenser coil and cooling fan blade has been checked/cleaned, make sure the motor is driving the fan consistently with good power. i have not looked at the cut sheet on your specific unit but i believe that unit uses the same motor for condenser fan and the evaporator fan (cabin air). you can confirm that while up on the roof.

Back
Top Bottom