2008 RV Forum Southeast Fall Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
judway said:
Frank
Googling "Jekyll Island Campground" brings up two sites. One Jekyll Island Campground on Riverview drive and the other Jekyll Island Authority Campground on Beachview drive. Both are listed as 1197. Is this just one big CG with two entrances or what is the difference? What location are you going to visit. It looks like we may have a few days before the SE Rally. We might decide to go there.
Wayne

There is only one campground on the island.  It is on the northern tip.  I think the confusion comes from the road changing names right about at that point.  If you turn east out of the campground, the road is called Beachview since it goes down the ocean side.  If you turn west out of the campground, the road is called Riverview since it goes down the inland waterway side.

We've stayed there twice and have really enjoyed it.  Free Wi-Fi, too.

Frank

Thanks for  the information. We will probably give it a try if we can get reservations. I have to get some other ducks lined up before I call.

Wayne

Suzanne and I hate to miss the Fall Rallye,  :(, with all the good Company, the good food and the learning experience.  But a year ago, we promised my sister from Canada that we would do the Natchez Trace with them when they were ready to do so, and they chose the last 10 days of October.  By the way Dave & Dave, 2 weeks ago,  we spent a few days at the festival in Townsend, TN, and Suzanne ordered a hand made Dulcimer from a local artist; she loved your music.  :D

Giles, sorry to hear that.  We were looking forward to seeing you both again.

You'll enjoy the Natchez Trace, we've driven it both ways.  No commercial traffic, 50mph, and lots of trees :)

Gary and Nancy, Ned and Lorna, we will miss your Company. We will keep tagging along on the forum, and hope to see you again soon.
Thanks. Suzanne and Giles.

Here is the list of attendees that I know of so far:

Reservations Made
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gary & Nancy Brinck [hosts]
Dave & Jeanette Reavis [bringing their NEW Hitchiker!]
Don & Maryann Nesbit
Ned & Lorna Reiter
Jim & Pat Dick
Ed & Lois Lander [bringing their NEW Tiffin Phaeton!] [first timers]
Frank & Cheryl Arthur [first timers]
Frank & Barb Weimart
Wayne & Judy Malone
Joel & Camille Myers [not arriving until Sunday]
Jeff & Sue Cousins

Maybe/Probably...
---------------------------------------------
Don & Mary Watson [first timers]
Brian Hall [first timer]

Nancy & I (well, mostly Nancy) will be making dinner for everybody on the first night of the rally (Friday, 10/24). It's our way of thanking everybody for joining us at these semi-annual affairs.

This fall's menu is basic Italian fare: pasta with a red sauce, Italian sausage & meatballs, and plenty of Italian bread to go with it. We will supply a bottle or two of wine as well, but more would no doubt be well received if any of you care to bring a bottle to share.

Bring your own plates, glasses and utensils as you would for a pot luck dinner. We will do the cooking, but you are on your own with the dishes!

By the way, if anybody cannot do with meat in their spaghetti sauce, please let me know and we will make provisions for a meatless sauce as well. Not a problem - just need to plan ahead if it is needed.

One of the usual things at a Southeast Rally is a community breakfast. In recent times it has been a "Men's Breakfast", where the men do the cooking and clean-up, always a popular item with the ladies.  This time will be a bit different. Jeff Cousins has agreed to host an "Omelet In A Bag" breakfast on Monday morning from 9-11 a.m.  We will have eggs and various omelet ingredients (onions, peppers, ham, bacon, seasonings, etc.) on hand and each of us can choose our own "fixins" and put them in a plastic bag. Chef Jeff will them cook them to perfection and give them back when ready.

We will need donations of ingredients -  lots of eggs, and some onions, red & green peppers, ham, cheese, mushrooms, bacon bits and whatever else you can think of to make an interesting omelet and some early morning man/woman power to chop and dice the ingredients.  And a supply of the small size freezer quality ziplock bags (the standard kind don't hold up to the handling and cooking).  We could also use some rolls or bread for toast and maybe some breakfast sausage to accompany the omelets.

The usual logistics apply - bring your plate, utensils and beverage.

Gary

What ever we are donating in the form of ingredients we can chop before bringing them.  Does that make sense?  

James Godward said:
Now that is a reasonable breakfast time.  I might even make on time!! ;D  Wish we could be there.

You and me both Jim.  We have attended a couple of the Southeast rallies and had a great time. 

But look at the good side the snow is gone and Temps in the 50s - 60s for the rest of the week here at Sam's Camp. ;D

How time flies... It seems like yesterday that we were at Wales West in Alabama.

Wish we could attend the GA one as well, but no go this time.

What are you guys going to do without the ChooChoo train and without the pancakes. See below.

carson FL

Attachments

• WW locomotive.jpg
    WW locomotive.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 37
  • WW Breakfast 07.jpg
    WW Breakfast 07.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 38
  • Winnie Waleswest.jpg
    Winnie Waleswest.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 37
We're gonna miss you, Carson.  No train, no pancakes, what's a man to do :)

Wendy, just not the same.  And we're having omelets instead of pancakes, which is fine with me :)

Back
Top Bottom