2008 Toyota Sequoia and TT-- Will setup work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cattail

We have a 2008 Toyota Sequoia with tow package that has a tow rating of 10000 pounds and a GCWR of something liek 17000 pounds.  We plan to tow this thing from Texas to Alaska so there will be some Mountain stuff.

We are looking at a Forest River Cherokee 26BH  with a dry weight of 4131 and GVWR of 7402.  The link for the floorplan is here.
http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/default22.asp?page=floorview&model=26BH&choice=cher&nav=rec&name=1&series=GreyWolf

Is this a decent setup?

Thanks for the help. Of course the dealer sys it can tow anything you hook up to it.

There will be some mountain stuff indeed.  With that gasser you should keep your trailer to a gvwr less than 8000 lbs.

Tho your dealer is full of it, you should do just fine with your 7402-lb unit.

Enjoy.

I think you will do fine with that set-up. I pull Forest River Cherokee 28A with my Dodge 1500.  My actual trailer weight is right around 6300 lbs loaded as we travel.  My truck is rated to pull 8800 lbs.  We have pulled it in the mountains in the west and it does fine.  If your truck is rated to pull 10,000 lbs, you should have a good margin with the 26BH.

I pull a Salem LE 08 26ft 5448 Pds, with a 08 Tundra . Towing 10,600 , tows  with no problem at all.

cattail said:
We have a 2008 Toyota Sequoia with tow package that has a tow rating of 10000 pounds and a GCWR of something liek 17000 pounds.  We plan to tow this thing from Texas to Alaska so there will be some Mountain stuff.

We are looking at a Forest River Cherokee 26BH  with a dry weight of 4131 and GVWR of 7402.  The link for the floorplan is here.
http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/default22.asp?page=floorview&model=26BH&choice=cher&nav=rec&name=1&series=GreyWolf

Is this a decent setup?

Thanks for the help. Of course the dealer sys it can tow anything you hook up to it.

My TV is a Sequoia 2010 Limited, with: Load E tires, brake controller, Timbrens, rear airbags and a WDH (and sway bar) setup. I tow a Bullet Premier 31bhpr, 6.400 factory weight and 7.300 aprox. loaded (I travel light). Tows perfect and I think the key is a good WDH.

How many people and how much weight will be in the Sequoia?  Will your payload handle 750# tongue wt PLUS 80# WD hitch PLUS the weight of all passengers and cargo?

If so, you are good to go!

grashley said:
How many people and how much weight will be in the Sequoia?  Will your payload handle 750# tongue wt PLUS 80# WD hitch PLUS the weight of all passengers and cargo?

If so, you are good to go!

Perhaps in the limit or slightly above, but so far so good.

I had not noticed the original date!

Generally, you are better off starting a new thread rather than resurrecting an antique one.

Back
Top Bottom