2010 QUARTZSITE Rally - Info & Signup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lucyakers said:
.....I just had back surgery and will be semi-immobile for 6 more weeks so can't handle my trailer.

Lucy,

That's an easy fix. Just have George hook it up. Then you can drive it to Quartzsite and there will be more help than you need to take care of it there.  ;D  ;D

That's an easy fix. Just have George hook it up. Then you can drive it to Quartzsite and there will be more help than you need to take care of it there

Lucy, I'll volunteer to change the oil in your generator if needed. ;D  And we'll find someone to start it for you when you need it on.

Hi Bob,  Bill and Jane Berry will attend...our first time at Quartzsite.  We plan to arrive on 1/15.  Fulltimers, our home is SD.  Thanks!

Bob Maxwell,

It will be wonderful to have you join us once again.  It's been way too long!

ArdraF

Bob Maxwell said:
I want to see my framily. . . !

Great, Bob!! It will be good to see you again -- since the last time, at the Center Most rallye in Estes Park, CO. Have added your name to the signup list . . .  :)

Jane B said:
Hi Bob,  Bill and Jane Berry will attend...our first time at Quartzsite.  We plan to arrive on 1/15.  Fulltimers, our home is SD.  Thanks!

Hello Bill and Jane!!

Nice to read that you will be with us this year at QZ.  :)

If you have any questions, let us know. If you are full timers you probably know all about boondock camping, but if not, be sure to read the info on my sign up web page. The directions there should get you to the site -- but if you'd like, PM me for a phone number to call so someone can meet you at the Ranger Station.

Check HERE to view the list of 33 signees so far.

Bob-  Thanks for signing us up.  By the way, you are correct in SD but not CA (saw that on the list).  Looking forward to QZ!

Maybe you could check the gully and see if the washtubs are there. Larry stashed them before he left.

I'm in Quartzsite overnight on my way down to Yuma.  Bad news - the washtubs are nowhere to be found.   We had some pretty good rain after I arrived last night and there was substantial rainfall before that as I was going through Parker.  Based on the debris dams it looks like there was 3-4 ft. of water through the gully.

Of course, they could be downstream.   I only looked in the area around our campsite.

Lou

Bummer. Mike talked to Larry a couple of days ago and he said he put them in the gully by the bushes behind where he was parked. He's at a campground just south of there, maybe I'll give him a call and see if he can go look where he left them. Of course, it's entirely possible that people go scronge up anything that's left after the crowds are gone and they were picked up months ago.

Guess we'll have to rely on Karl's tub that Ned & Lorna are bringing. And anyone else who see's one they could pick up for cheap.

Wendy

Wendy said:
Guess we'll have to rely on Karl's tub that Ned & Lorna are bringing. And anyone else who see's one they could pick up for cheap.

Or . . . we could all go get a rock or two, and "build" a fire ring.

I like those better anyway.  :)

Attachments

• FireRing.JPG
    FireRing.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 10
Bob Buchanan said:
Or . . . we could all go get a rock or two, and "build" a fire ring.

I like those better anyway.  :)

Or both !

I'll be glad to gather rocks when we get there for your fire ring. Or maybe we'll get lucky and your fire ring will still be there ?

Bob, I wont be there again this year but one year you will find me there, count on it LOL

BTW, I was just playing with Google Earth and entered the GPS coordinates you have given.

Our Quartzsite campsite is on the Bureau of Land Management Long Term Visitor's Area at Tyson's Wash, La Posa West section #541.  The GPS coordinates are N33.38.054 and W114.13.591.

And attached is the Google Earth file showing what I found at those coordinates. How far out was it? It really doesn't look like the same place at all...  ahhh, rats, it wont let me post a KMZ file.

Oh well, here is a screen grab of the marker point.

Attachments

• Quartzite Rally point.kmz.jpg
    Quartzite Rally point.kmz.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 36
Ian said:
Bob, I wont be there again this year but one year you will find me there, count on it LOL

I hope you do make it, sooner than "one year", Ian . . .  :)

Yep -- the screen grab of the coordinantes you display is a bit West the rally site -- whereas our campsite is about 1/4 mile East of the Old Yuma Road that you see running N/S East of the Wash.

Here are the cursor coordinantes that I get in Google Earth at about the center of our rally site:
33 38' 04.17" N
114 13' 35.83"W

Does that look any better??

There's a link in our photo albums (click Photos above) to forum rally locations, including QZ. It's been there some time, and was originally suggested by staffer Gary (RV Roamer) so folks could "see" where the rallies were held, in addition to "seeing" what went on at rallies. Direct access to the page is via this link. Click on a pin &/or zoom in for more info.

I previously had some difficulty locating the pin for the QZ rally in the right spot, partly because of an issue with Google maps, so it may be off slightly and I may need to re-visit it.

Hello again, Bob,
Just want to update our Quartzsite arrival date.  We need to move it from the 15th to the 20th.  See you then.  Thanks.  Bill and Jane Berry
Oh, yes, a phone number in case we need it would be great.  What is "PM me" (sorry, kind of new to this!)?

Lou Schneider said:
Yes, the fire rings are still there - both of them.

Thanks Lou for checking.  Tucking those barrels into the desert bushes is so much better than my storing them in my garage and having to haul them back and forth.

Betty

A clarification, Betty - the stone firerings are there.  The metal washer tubs have either been scavenged or have been washed downstream.

If the washer tubs were there I was going to take them to Yuma for safekeeping until the rally.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom