2010 QUARTZSITE Rally - Info & Signup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marsha/CA said:
Terry B., I remember that last year, or maybe a year or so ago, that you had your generator oil changed by a mobile service, do they also do engines?

Marsha~

Marsha

His name is Jim Fulkeson  505-269-1133.
Mobil RV Services

Thanks everyone for the info.  The mobile guy might just be the ticket.

Phil, the last time we had the oil changed was 11,000 miles ago  ::) before we left for the Canadian Maritimes.  So, it's really due. 

Thanks Terry for the phone number, at least we can call and set up an appointment.

See everyone at QZ!

Marsha~

Jim, I copied down the GPS co-ordinates and would like to come over to see you guys and the rvforum members that I have just had email conversation with. I plan on being in Q on the 14 or 15th.
Ernie Ekberg 817-475-3991

Jim Fulkerson is the same guy that's here at Indio, same New Mexico phone number.

Wendy

Ernie Ekberg said:
I plan on being in Q on the 14 or 15th.
Ernie Ekberg 817-475-3991

Ernie,

We will be in QZ about the 13th BUT not in the area of the RV Forum.  We will be with the Newmar one about 3 miles south.  I'm not sure of the exact location as there are no advance people to save the spot.  There will be signs giving the location as you head either noth or south on 95.  Signs will either say "Newmar" or "NKK".  I will give you a call when I know for sure.

Thanks for the new phone NO.

Hi Jim, I need your phone number. I'll try and look everyone up. Looks like I'll be busy. If you see a white Chevy window van with dark tinted windows-- its not Border Patrol-- its me- got Montana tags, by the way

Jim, will you be in the BLM campsite off exit 19??
  We are supposed to meet up with friends there around the 15th, depending on my wifes return.
  We will be in a Kountry Star pulling a Grand Vitara, MT "V" tags on both.

I have used Jim Fulkeson to change oil on Cat C 10 and Onan at QZ the past 2-3 yrs

bigskymt said:
  Jim, will you be in the BLM campsite off exit 19??
  We are supposed to meet up with friends there around the 15th, depending on my wifes return.
  We will be in a Kountry Star pulling a Grand Vitara, MT "V" tags on both.

Terry,

We will be south at what used to be LaPaz road, it is the first paved road about 6 miles south of QZ for a few days with the Newmar group, then move to the RV Forum location about the 16th or 17th, dates are still fluid.  I nned to get them pinned down for someone else soon!!

Oh gosh, I assumed you'd tried Cummins West. They won't ostracize you for having a CAT  ;) BTW they're a Coach Care facility and have hookups if you want/need to overniight.

At this late date, we'll have it done in QZ or wait till we get home.

With Cummins West, are they pretty good about keeping appointments and getting to you timely?  The one thing we're a bit frustrated with at the Cat facility is that often the coach sits for a couple of days before they get to you.  But they do really good work.

Marsha~

Haven't had that problem at Cummins West. They even have separate bays for RVs vs trucks, and their techs are trained to work on a lot more than the chassis.

For $20 you could sign up by phone for the Cummins Power Club, and get 10% off every bill (parts and labor). But I suspect they'd realize your engine serial number isn't one of theirs  ;D

Jim Godward said:
Terry,

We will be south at what used to be LaPaz road, it is the first paved road about 6 miles south of QZ for a few days with the Newmar group, then move to the RV Forum location about the 16th or 17th, dates are still fluid.  I nned to get them pinned down for someone else soon!!

Thanks Jim: this is our first trip to Quartzsite so we will be learning as we go. We will try to do as much as possible in a few days stay, a lot of wandering by car. My wife, a credit card & a swap meet all point to financial doom for me.  terry

Bob-  We are already on your QZ list but just want to let you know we'll be arriving around the 20th (not the 15th).  See you there.  Jane and Bill Berry

bigskymt said:
  My wife, a credit card & a swap meet all point to financial doom for me. 

Terry,

Your wife will have lots of company in the shopping arenas. And the bargains, oh the bargains! YOu may actually save $$$$ ;)

Betty

Thanks Betty: you've eloquently covered the key Female phrases designed to change husbands minds.... 'bargains' & 'save money'.
  "Cheapest I've ever seen it" usually works as well.
  In MT it's always "If we don't buy it NOW we'll be paying Sales Tax later", that one ALWAYS works.

Marsha - Cummins West is where we had work done last year. Had no problem with scheduling, they worked on it the day of our appointment. Of course, we were living in it at the time but we were able to park & plug in to their electric for 2 nights.

Wendy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom