2010 Via Fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magrati

Here are some of the things that I have done to fix some of the water problems

1.  I have chalked directly below the windshield where the engine cowling meets the windshield-water running directly back into the engine compartment.
2.  I have installed my own gasket along the top of the engine compartment where the hood closes (waiting for a new gasket to be sent to me by Winnebago)

**Every Service Administrator at Winnebago is aware of these problems.

*****Hope this post helps

magrati said:
Here are some of the things that I have done to fix some of the water problems

1.  I have chalked directly below the windshield where the engine cowling meets the windshield-water running directly back into the engine compartment.
2.  I have installed my own gasket along the top of the engine compartment where the hood closes (waiting for a new gasket to be sent to me by Winnebago)

**Every Service Administrator at Winnebago is aware of these problems.

*****Hope this post helps

#1 won't help
#2 is the source (location) of the problem.

Winnebago has issued a recall, parts are available - have your dealer order them. Install takes about an hour

phe

If that doesn't work, there is a possibility it is the hood itself. This is being looked into by Winnebago for us.

M. - The Reyo project engineer is out this week. Looks like our fixes are doing what they should according to Winn. We may have to have our hinges snugged up at the dealer. Seems the only places we have been driving to are dealers for fixes. We will have to go somewhere soon and see if we can actually enjoy this RV, or see if something else goes amiss. It pains me that we cannot return it. I wish we had decent lemon laws for RVs.

Glad to hear that things MIGHT be looking up for you.  I too have had multiple conversations with Winnebago concerning the engine hood gasket.  If you can believe this my 2010 VIA is not part of the recall for this problem.  Only the 2011's.  I tried to explain to the Service Administrator that it should be as the engine comaprtment is the same design for both years.  Figure that one out.  In any case they are sending me the new gasket and a service Technician from Winnebsgo called me yesterday and explained to me how to install it.  Sounds very simple.

As I said in an earlier post chaulking directly below the windshield and installing my own engine hood gasket cut out 100% of the water entering the engine compartment.   

As my wife and keep saying to each other-what is still facing us that we are not aware of?????????

We have spent 3 nights in it so far since our purchsae in February and all other systems seem to working fine so far.  Keep your fingers crossed (its shame that we have to on edge when spending so much money and not getting the results we want)

I keep telling my wife-pretend it is a Bently

Back
Top Bottom