2011 Post Moab Rally in Salt Lake City, Utah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mahoney off to Iowa.
Saturday, May 21, 2011. As Ardra said, I rejoiced at seeing sunlight. I studied the WYDOT site and webcams? I-80 all dry, but chances of rain remained.

Got underway at 7 AM and had a surprisingly uneventful trip to Sidney NE (535 miles). The grades on this route are actually quite gentle and posed few problems for my wounded Cat C10 with a cracked charge air cooler. The first grade up fro SLC had me down to 35 mph a couple of times, but I maintained 45 mph on all the rest. The central half of WY is a plateau above 7000 ft and the final grade east of Laramie goes up only a further 1400 ft, topping out at 8600 ft at the Lincoln memorial rest stop at the pass. from there is all downhill to the Missouri River Where I am tonight.

Wildlife sighted: many herds of antelope in WY, one eagle, one hawk. In NE, only roadkill.

Monday AM will arrive in Des Moines IA where I will mainly stay for the summer.

Glad you checked in, Russ.  Sounds like your trip is going okay.  It's raining in SLC after one sunny day

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
...went with us to the Kennecott Utah Copper?s Bingham Canyon Mine...

Ardra,

thank you for posting the photos. Internet told me, the mine is part of the National Register of Historic Places. It is on my list!
(Forgive me, but I couldn't resist working with the pictures. I added a bit clean air to them  ;))

Attachments

• 250_Copper-06 (Medium)_.jpg
    250_Copper-06 (Medium)_.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 250_Copper-07 (Medium)_.jpg
    250_Copper-07 (Medium)_.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 28
Well the other day between the rain drops, Jerry & Ardra toured the capital building. And Frank went up to the national forest. The Ogden river was a beautiful torrent.

We caught up on regular stuff the next day, including a trip to camping world. And Monday night we had dinner with Phil  & Doris.

Tonight is the last night, so went to dinner at Spenser's Steak and Chop House. Great food, and great company. The best $300.00 last hoorah ever.

Let the next rally begin

Back
Top Bottom