2011 QUARTZSITE Rally - Daily Activity Reports/Photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lucy:

I said train your spouse so George needs training! ;D

Here  is a fun Verizon usage statistic.  At Quartzsite up to 5 PCs were using my high-speed EVDO Verizon USB data card continually to access the internet.  I left it on 24/7 so they could use it whenever they wanted to and it was busy lots of the time.  Also up to four folks used it at Death Valley but because the speed was only at 1X speeds it was very slow and was used seldom especially compared with Quartzsite.

The exact listed usage for February which includes most of the last week or so of January was only 1118.91 Mbytes or 1.1 Gbytes.  See photo.

JerryF

Attachments

• VZ Usage Feb 2011.jpg
    VZ Usage Feb 2011.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 22
Lucy,

It did not slow any of us because at QZ we had fast EVDO speeds as opposed to the slow 1X speeds at Death Valley.  You're always welcome to use it fast or slow.

JerryF

We are in severe withdrawl ! Left Quartzsite almost two weeks ago. Opted out of the Death Valley/Pahrump thingy. I, (in hindsite) did not have any idea what that was all about. We had had so much fun in Quartzsite, that we thought that it was time to move on! Have followed every post on this thread and the Death Valley one too, and now realize that we may have erred. My 1st EVER. You guys are great. Even the teachers are HUMAN ! When is next years Quartzsite rally? Bob & Laura...... I honked my horn going thru Santa Paula on our way back from Redding.. Go to hell!    Paul and Ann, we tried to catch you two in the desert on Tuesday, but the wind was terrible so we just hunkered down in the freebie area and left for Heaven (Yuma) at dawn. .....Is it too early to start planning for next year's rally in the desert? I'm thinking something like Betty and Wendy singing an off-key rendition of `jose can you see?' and if they get a verse  wrong they can just blame the canajun !

We are the last of the RVForum members still here in Quartzsite.  Fred and Robbie left Monday, and John and Judy left yesterday.  We are planning on staying here till Sunday before moving closer to Phoenix for a couple of weeks.  Then who knows???

Our time here in the desert has been so much fun, not only do we enjoy the desert, but the Quartzsite Rally this year was awesome!

Hope to see some of you down the road somewhere, and hope we can get back here again next year.

Paul

I'm thinking something like Betty and Wendy singing an off-key rendition of `jose can you see?'

You have heard the one and only Betty-Wendy duet with that one line of "We are Framily."  :eek:

Wendy

As a result of Wendy showing us about geocaching, I planted a cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=f9b85c1c-9d12-4e14-9bda-1e30ca61d2c8

Wow ! We may have to go home that way to "find" that one. Wish we were there now so we could be First To Find.

Have fun with your cache :)

Wendy

Somebody found it already!
Now I have to keep bidding on a Garmin on eBay. Been outbid 4 times so far --eTrex used-- and I'm high bidder on one now for $9.99 but that won't last.

Lucy,  don't up the bid, just bid the max you would pay and let it go.  The auto bid will keep you ahead of others till they give up, or go beyond your max.  It will only stay a bid amount of others max.  Keeps it more sane.  Be careful on only bidding on one at a time, you don't want to win 3!  Look for newly listed Buy it Now items.  Sometimes somebody will post an otem with a very reasonable Buy it Now price, jump on it and be done.

Good luck!

Thanx Bill

Nice article. I too am still trying to get rid of some Quartzsite dust and sand, although we are not in any great rush. Seems to me someone on this site was asking how to get rid of the fire-smoke smell from inside their coach. I am more inclined to try and get that smell back. Oh well ! To each his own.

Dave

wannabfree said:
I too am still trying to get rid of some Quartzsite dust and sand, although we are not in any great rush. Seems to me someone on this site was asking how to get rid of the fire-smoke smell from inside their coach. I am more inclined to try and get that smell back.

I'm still finding Qtz dirt as well as Death Valley dirt and even an occasional corner with Moab dirt. I cherish each and every speck of dirt/sand/dust that reminds me of the wonderful times we had in those places. Clean the dirt out of my coach at your own peril !

Wendy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTRDYS
Back
Top Bottom