2011 QUARTZSITE Rally - Info & Signup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are going to pass on Quartzsite this year, but I know all of you will have a great time.  Hope to make it next year when we have more miles/experience under out belts.

Sheila

Rolf and Shirley Salhus (MN) hope to make it 5 years in a row.

QUARTZSITE 2011 Update!!!!

It's about 2 months now until our 2011 Quartzsite Rally -- and already we have 23 signups. That would be the number of rigs in total - so with an average 2 to a rig we will already have over 40 RVForum Members around the campfire. Great !!!

Am getting a bit anxious myself, as I do every year as the colder storms begin hitting the CA coast -- from Alaska. Last night it was down in the 40's here in the Central Valley. Not Good.  :mad: :(  So I can imagine how you folk must be feeling where snow actually falls on you RV. The solution, of course, is to head South!!

My brother lives in San Jose, CA. He has 4 children (I have none -- that I know of  ;)) and those 4 have 10 children - two of which are now married. So seating at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners is upwards of 25 now. Being with such a wonderful family during the holidays is the only reason I continue to spend cold nights here. On the 26th of December, however, I will not need a GPS to get this rig to Arizona.

As the time gets closer, it would be nice if you could post your estimated arrival date. I will then post to the sign up list. We begin to check folk off when they arrive -- and become a bit worried when someone doesn't arrive. Plus one of the fun things for those around the AM coffee is to check out the list to see, "Who's Arriving Today??".

CHECK HERE TO SEE OUR LIST SO FAR PLUS INFO ON THE RALLY . . .  :) :)

We hope you can join us. Just post to this thread when your plans include the Quartzsite 2011 rally.

FMCA Rally is Jan 12-16. It's about 125 miles from Indio to Quartzsite and we don't move very fast so I'm thinking we'll get there on the 21st.

Wendy

Bob

I'm not sure where all Wendy and Mike will be stopping in between, but we'll probably drive straight from Indio to QZ on the 16th, tho we may leave the coach and run home for a day or two.

BernieD said:
I'm not sure where all Wendy and Mike will be stopping in between,

Probably boondock just outside Joshua Tree Nat'l Park and do some geocaching and visit the Patton Museum. But plans are written in Jello so there's no telling what we'll actually end up doing :)

Wendy

Hi Bob -

I signed up a little ways up the thread, but I don't see my name on the list.  Should I take the hint?  ;D

I'll be arriving after the close of the Blythe Bluegrass Festival on Jan 16th.

I've been trying to get out of WA for the past couple of weeks, but there's been a lot of details to work out.  Hopefully I can start south tomorrow and make it over the Siskiyous before Thursday.

Lou Schneider - WA (for now)

ETA is 22nd or 23rd.  Not cast in concrete though so don't send oujt the Coast Guard if we are late!!

Sharon, Sky, Reba, and Smoky.  (hoping Reba can make it but he has a rapidly growing chest tumor)

Hi Bob
You will be getting a double dose of  the Hepworths this year.
Wally and I will be there as well as Bob and Penny Hepworth, Wally's cousins.
looking forward to seeing many old friends and meeting some new friends. See you soon.
Helaine

Bob:  Wife and I are also planning on attending the FMCA rally in Indio Jan 12 to 16th. Will be leaving for Quartzite on the 16th hopefully with Bernie and Marlene.  Bob S.

DW has finally agreed we can attend, so it appears (for now) that we'll arrive on 25 Jan. and depart on 30 Jan.

Larry & Mary Ann Nussbaumer
Westminster, CO

Since we have no toad (yet), we'll likely want to rent a car. From what I've found so far, it appears that either Phoenix or Yuma are the best places to rent a car. Since we'll be coming through Phoenix, we'll probably opt for that, but if someone knows a better place I'd appreciate it. Also, since we know nothing about the Sky Harbor airport area, what problems might a 2010 Bounder (12' 10" high) encounter trying to get to a place we can pick up a rental car (or is there a non-airport place)? Some (many?) major airports have certain areas that are height-limited, so any information would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Russ, no need for a car at Quartzsite.  There are always people going to town so you can get a ride easily.

Since we have no toad (yet), we'll likely want to rent a car.

Larry & Mary Ann

As Ned said, unlikely you'll need a car, but if you do, don't go to Sky Harbor. You will probably be able to negotiate the car rental area which is offsite but the taxes and fees are higher at the airport. There are locations in Goodyear (25 miles west of the airport) where you can rent one for less or maybe even in Blythe, CA about 20 miles from QZ.

Thanks for the info, folks. I guess we'll try it with no toad and see how it works out. We're just not used to depending on others for transportation, but since you say there'll be plenty, we'll give that a shot.

Thanks again,
Larry

Back
Top Bottom