2011 QUARTZSITE Rally - Info & Signup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bring sheets, blankkets and pillows, the food, dishes pots pans etc can be bought in town, and you will have your choice of any RV on any of the sales lots.  from low to high, they will all be there and ready to drive away.

We won't be there with the group but will try to make it over. My husband is in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease so too much stress is not good. Having to worry about when the tanks are full, to pull out to dump, not having his TV whenever, etc. I feel would add stress and stress mean decline. So we are doing the next best and found a park in town that still had a space. It is Patties RV park  - couldn't find any info about it, but we will be there a month and have FHUs which is important.

Hope to see some of you.

Tom, or anyone in this group, does this group have a "sub group" of Honda CT 90 & 110 Trail Bikes? I wrote the Quartzsite Chamber of Commerce over two weeks ago and asked that question. I got no response. At a repair stop in central California this summer, and after seeing mine on the rear of my tow vehicle, the owner said he had heard of a group that really 'likes' their antiques. They spend like to 'show off' their chrome and paint jobs. I'd like to see them when I'm in Quartzsite late January and early February.
Sam

[quote author=SScherf]... does this group have a "sub group" of Honda CT 90 & 110 Trail Bikes?[/quote]

If you're talking about this forum, I'm afraid we don't have a sub group or message board specifically for Honda trail bikes.

I have a meeting in Phoenix on the 26th, so I plan to make it to Quartzsite for a few days after I take care of business. Count me in. 

Bill Purtee, Hutchinson, KS

Bob:

Please add Mary and Glen Neuerberg.  They are traveling from Tucson AZ and will arrive on Monday March 24.  Their home is in Colorado.  They will be first timers at the QZ rally and drive a motorcoach and will be towing.

Smoky

HERE IS THE LATEST ATTENDEE LIST.

CHECK OUT THE ATTENDEE LIST: Please check the list to make sure I have  included everyone planning to attend.

PARKING: Not sure of my exact arrival date now - so wanted to mention about our parking for those that might arrive early.  For those that have not been there before, you will probably wonder how to park in this super big open space.  :)  Please park either pointing North or South. We are expecting up to 40 rigs so this way we can get as many as possible as close to the center of the rally as possible. Have attached a pic from last year to give you the idea. This was taken very early on so many more rigs arrived. Please try to leave enough space for your rig and vehicle - but don't spread that out too much.

FIRE RING LOCATION: Also, please do not park in the Rally Center location. Last year we built together a great fire ring -- with members bringing a couple of rocks they found on the desert. If anyone arrives early, please try to find the location of our fire ring as that will be the location of our daily activities. The ring will probably be in shambles so one of our first chores will be to rebuild it.  Please park East or West of the Rally Center. Also consider that when this group gathers around that fire the circle will contain up to 80 or more RVers!

FIREWOOD: Firewood is our own responsibility, so please try to pick up a couple of bundles on your way. We build a fire each evening, sometimes in the morning -- and sometimes after dinner. So you can image how much wood that can take.

Looks like another great RV Forum rally is shaping up, folks. Looking forward to seeing you soon . . .  :)

Attachments

• HowToPark.jpg
    HowToPark.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 38
Bob,

I see we're on the list, but with no date. Our plans (barring weather, etc.) are to arrive on 1/22 and depart on the 30th.

Larry and Mary Ann Nussbaumer

Smoky said:
Bob:

Please add Mary and Glen Neuerberg.  They are traveling from Tucson AZ and will arrive on Monday March 24.

Smoky, I'm afraid they'll be about 2 months late and everyone will be gone. I assume you mean January 24th. :D :D

Larry N. said:
Bob,

I see we're on the list, but with no date. Our plans (barring weather, etc.) are to arrive on 1/22 and depart on the 30th.

Larry and Mary Ann Nussbaumer

Oooopsss! The 22nd is our departure date from home, so we're planning to arrive the 25th and leave on the 30th. I'm sorry that I misread my calendar.

What day for the off roading adventure trip, got me a new wrangler and I never done any 4-wheeling yet. Do I need to install flag on jeep? thanks Rich

lucyakers said:
If you go with this group, you need air bags, insurance and a barf bag...

Lucy, you rascal, we have never made anyone barf. The insurance is probably a good idea and extra water and spare tires are a pretty good idea :)

Wendy
Indio FMCA Rally

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom