2011 Sightseer 33C Newbie, inverter / charger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liltippy

I soon will be the new owner of a 2011 Sightseeer 33C.  Like the layout.

There does not appear to be an inverter on this coach.  Bedroom TV is 12 volt.  Has a satellite for 42" in living room, but they must have always had shore power.

How hard / easy to add inverter?  Recommended size?  Cost?

I don't boondocks often, but a 1,000 watt inverter would be helpful.  Use a CPAP machine, but there is a 12v outlet near bed and I can insert my little inverter into that outlet and power the CPAP.

Any reactions / problems / what to watch out for in a 2011 Sightseer 33C on 22,000# chassis with 19.5" wheels (I know, should have got the 24,000#, but it was a good buy and I am a single traveler) would be appreciated.

Thanks

The wiring is probably in place for an inverter in the entertainment center. Should be 10 gauge 12 volt DC, there was on my Adventurer without inverter. Easy to add a 600 watt or smaller inverter there. I added solar and a 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter and ran two 120 volt circuits off it, the entertainment center/bedroom and the dining room/bathroom. I also added a new receptacle in the kitchen connected to the inverter. Ran 2/0 battery cable to inverter in compartment next to batteries and 120 volt wiring into load center above.

John Hilley said:
The wiring is probably in place for an inverter in the entertainment center. Should be 10 gauge 12 volt DC, there was on my Adventurer without inverter. Easy to add a 600 watt or smaller inverter there. I added solar and a 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter and ran two 120 volt circuits off it, the entertainment center/bedroom and the dining room/bathroom. I also added a new receptacle in the kitchen connected to the inverter. Ran 2/0 battery cable to inverter in compartment next to batteries and 120 volt wiring into load center above.

Thanks, sounds like a good solution.  I don't know if my limited electrical skills will handle all that.  Where did you place the 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter.  Great unit.

The inverter on my 2012 is in an outside compartment on the drivers side right under the 42" TV.

Weigh your rig and you will be surprised at what good shape you are in. They went to 22.5" tires in 2012 but you'll be fine.

Learn how the slide locks work, where they are located and if they had a recall that was completed. I was back at the dealer in two days getting the recall done on a new rig.

You're going to love the layout, especially traveling single as I do. But, close the door before opening or closing the passenger slide!

Larry

Thanks for the tips. Don't take delivery till next week, so will check all that then

John Hilley said:
I will be glad to help you along. You can PM me if you want.

Thanks I greatly appreciate your offer if I get to that place. 

Do you make house calls to NE Indiana?  :)

John Hilley said:
Sometimes. We have a daughter in Manhattan.

I am planning a trip to Yellowstone after Sept 1, of this year.  Any suggestions on Yellowstone?

Maybe we can meet someway.

We haven't decided where our North Dakota WIT Club September Campout will be yet, but perhaps you could join us. We are having the first campout of the year next weekend and will be deciding then. Our June campout is at Medora in the badlands and our August campout at the International Peace Gardens. I-94 through North Dakota would be your easiest way to get to Yellowstone and you could return across northern Wyoming and South Dakota.

Thank you.  Please keep me posted. My dates are flexible, I will leave Indiana right after Labor Day. ( I am a special Deputy Sheriff and only do the Lake Patrol on a large lake in Indiana, so need to be on duty till then).  I know Yellowstone closed the campgrounds on 9/21 so that would be the time I leave Yellowstone.

The WIT Campout sounds like fun.

Thanks again.

One question.  I just got a CPAP and have not dry camped with it yet.  Where can I get a small inverter that will power my CPAP?  I can run my gererator but prefer an inverter I think.  On another site a long time RVer said to open your door or window when you open or close a slide as it will create a suction....??  Sounds right to me, but....??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom