2012 RVForum QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info & Sign up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dry erase board is ready to post the many events there will be at Quartzsite including:

Morning walk - been going on for at least 5 years, 10 am seems to be a popular time
4WD runs - some of you need new Arizona pin-stripping and Sunshine Beetle Bug has been raised and has nice, new big tires
Geocaching
Traditional potluck on Saturday, probably around 3 pm, after the group picture
Showers and social hour while waiting in line at the dump station
Breakfast at Sweet Darlene's, All-You-Can-Eat Shrimp at the Grubstake
SHOPPING, SHOPPING, SHOPPING

If the list gets too big, I can always pick up another dry erase board at the Dollar Store !

Wendy

Looks to me like we're almost organized!  ;)

Explanation of Wendy's Shopping comment for those who have never been to Quartzsite:  It may be the world's biggest set of shopping stalls.  The only way to see it all is to organize it by area and do one day in the tent, one day at Tyson Wells, etc.  It's a great place to look for hard-find items like all sizes and styles of fuses or electrical connectors.

ArdraF

Once we get the campfire ring rebuilt, that'll be a great place for folks to just hang out and visit, any time of the day or night. And there's always daily Happy Hour and evening campfires (where's that Fire Ring Coordinator we appointed last year??).

Wendy

Boy!! I leave you guys alone for a minute and you run amuk,
Planning, scheduling. Listing Taking care of details.
You know that the Q rally is completely spontaneous. No rules... well there is rule number one and rule number two, and get your garbage out by ten and happy hour at four and shopping and fire tending and doggie pick up and the group picture and morning coffee and.. you know what? you gals just keep on planning. You are doing a great job and Wendy, you better get another board.
see you in Qz
Helaine

Bob, Add Laura and Bob Schultz to the list. This will be our second visit. Everyone made us feel like old timers last year. Had a great time looking forward to meeting you, and everyone else except Dave.  See you in Jan. Will probably be there for the whole Rally.    Bob and Laura Schultz

The Fire Ring Coordinator just doesn't check these message boards often enough. But knowing him as I do, I know that he'll be "fired" up and ready to do the job again when the time comes.

Bob:

Count us in. 

Sky, Sharon, and Smoky will be arriving around the 21st.  Reba, for the first time, will be watching from above after a good life of 21 years.  He will miss watching everyone from the front window, but now he has a bigger window to watch from !!

and Bob, we love the way you organize this forum so don;t change a thing!!

Smoky

Just added Bob & Laura Schultz and Sharon, Smoky & Sky to the attendee list. That brings the total so far up to 17.

Check HERE to see the full list.

Note: If you want to add that link to your Favorites Bar, just select "Add to Favorites bar" from your Favorites Menu or under the Favorites Bar icon. You can then check the list status anytime while in your browser (see attached). As we get closer to the rally dates, I will sometimes be doing adds, changes, and/or deletes several times a day - so this will always give you the latest list as I know it to be.

Bob, glad to read you had a great time last January!! Those that organized and those that attended am sure enjoyed your comments. Am looking forward to meeting you and Laura. I only made it half way last time before having to return to NCal and hopefully will make the full distance this time.

Smoky, thank you for your comments -- and so sorry to read of Reba. Perhaps he has met my special friend, Little Dude, by now and they will be watching together.

Attachments

• RVForumRally2012.JPG
    RVForumRally2012.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 18
[quote author=Smoky].... Bob, we love the way you organize this forum...[/quote]

News to me. I suspect that Smoky meant Bob's organization of the QZ rally, not "this forum", but we knew what he meant  ;)

For the record, "organization of this forum" involves a team of people working here daily year-round; Click the Hosts button above to see who they are and to read the backgrounds of these dedicated folks. Next time you see any of these folks in a campground or at a rally, consider saying a big 'thank you' for their commitment and dedication to the organization and smooth running of this forum.

Sorry Tom!  Yes I meant the QZ Rally.  But you and your staff also get wonderful kudos from us for this forum.

and Bob, I am sure Little dude and Reba will have front row seats in the nosebleed section!!  ;)

Smoky

[quote author=Smoky]Yes I meant the QZ Rally.[/quote]

My understanding is that there are a number of other folks involved in the "organizing of the QZ rally". One shouldn't overlook the contributions of those folks  ;)

Edit: For clarification, the above came from one of Bob's prior messages.

Smoky said:
Sorry Tom!  Yes I meant the QZ Rally.

OOPS, it appears you still don't have it correct, Smoky.  :(

Try something like, "You take attendee names pretty good for some, but not others".  That may pass muster and not give me any underserved kudos, or detract from those deserved by others involved in the QZ rally's continuing success.

Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts, my friend . . .  :)

Bob,

Remove us as possibles as I am fairly sure we will not be traveling that soon.  Pat has had severe pain and other problems stemming from her neck.  Based on the Dr.?s comments today, I would expect surgery to be as soon after that as it an get scheduled.  There is damage to the spinal cord that may or may not be reversible.  No way to know for sometime after the surgery.  Pat will have a long recovery, she will be in a neck brace for about 4 to 6 weeks, no driving and much rest.  After she gets out of the brace there will be therapy etc.  Travel decisions will be made as we know how she is doing.

Dear Jim, If you fly down to Yuma on US West/Airways, I'll drive down and pick you up and you and you can bunk on our couch. I'll even bring a sleeping bag. If after dark, the couch, dinette and the bathroom are in he same location as your coach ::) ;D

We will keep you both in our prayers,

I/we love you very much!

Glad to have you back Bob!!  Ray and Liza will be attending.  We will arrive 1-22 and depart 2-1.

Liza said:
Glad to have you back Bob!!  Ray and Liza will be attending.  We will arrive 1-22 and depart 2-1.

Thanks, Liza!! It will be nice seeing you and Ray again. Don't forget to pack all of those neat Canon Lenses and Chocolate Chip Cookie ingredients.  :)

Sally and Terry are planning to arrive 1/22, following the Blythe Blegrass Fest (is anyone else going?).
This is our first time at a Qu RV rally, so looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom